Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An intro of myself

Harout Aintablian

Harout Aintablian

Greetings to all of you,

I want to introduce myself a little, am 45 yrs old, Family Medicine MD, live and work in Beirut, Lebanon, I came acroos the site from a link on another forum and really admired the work done by the athletes under Coach Sommer.

Want to share what I did today, after I read the article about the basic exercises beginning from the frog stand to planche and lever. I TRIED TO DO THE FROG STAND....(don't laugh at me) I couldn't even raise my feet from the ground my hands got shaking...:lol:...but am inspired a lot.

Yes, weak hands, weak body, but lets see where a guy like me can reach, now am thinking in another way to work on static strength till I can do the frog stand...like putting my hands in a table and trying to raise my lower body..after some time if I feel that my hands are read will start the frog stand...any ideas?

I do martial arts, not pro but not bad too, and its mostly chi gung based although I do conditioning, but the exercises don't work on muscles, they work differently, thats why I was searching for good bodyweight conditioning and I found you :)

Thanks guys :)

Perhaps you could try starting with your legs on a chair or sofa and then gradually shift your weight forwards, until you are holding most of it with your arms.

Harout Aintablian

tried it, didn't work...the other way seems might work...putting my hands on a table and forwarding myself and raising my feet...although couldn't raise much..just for 2-3 seconds

George Launchbury

Hi,

Maybe you should consider taking a step back and work on very basic strength for a while, such as push-ups and pull-ups, dips and rows?

Regards,

George.

Harout Aintablian

Thank You,

Did few push ups ( couldn't more than 10)...tomorrow will bring a pull up bar to fix at one of the doors in my place and will start the pull ups too...plus I put put my hands and two chairs and my body between the chairs and raised my body and held the position...although hands shook...but I think this also will help me till I reach doing the frog stand.

Lets see how much time it will take :)

Kind regards

Harout Aintablian

Holding the dip between two chairs and raising my body...few days ago when first did it, couldn't hold more than 120 second, now I can hold for 20sec...good I think...slow turtle progrss till i reach to the very first beginner exercises....cool

Push ups are 15 now.