This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Nick's Functional Fitness

Started by Freeflyer, August 29, 2010 · 230 Replies · 12,562 Views

Freeflyer

WEEK 11

DAY 3 (73)

GB WOD Here

Warm Up:

  • [*:3cd2dxf6]16kg KB Drills
    [*:3cd2dxf6]10 PPPu, 10 XR Rows
    [*:3cd2dxf6]6 XR Dips, 6 BTN Pull ups (Fat Gripz)
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 foot assisted muscle ups
    [*:3cd2dxf6]70sec spent in HS
    [*:3cd2dxf6]Wrist Prehab
    [*:3cd2dxf6]Knee Prehab
    [*:3cd2dxf6]Shoulder Prehab - bands

WOD:

  • [*:3cd2dxf6]Low Bar Back Squat: 1x8x45lbs, 1x5x115lbs, 1x3x145lbs, 3x5x192.5lbs

4 Rounds:
Round 1:
  • [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls (Adv Tuck for entire workout)
    [*:3cd2dxf6]5 Close grip Chins
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]7 XR Row (all done with feet on box almost as high as rings)
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]9 Pull ups (Fat Gripz)

Round 2:

  • [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]5 TOPs Pulls (all done in tuck position)
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]7 Close Grip Chin ups
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]9 XR Row

Round 3:

  • [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]5 Pull Ups (Fat Gripz)
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]7 TOPs Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]9 Close Grip Chin ups

Round 4:

  • [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]5 XR Row
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]7 Pull Ups (Fat Gripz)
    [*:3cd2dxf6]2 Front Pulls
    [*:3cd2dxf6]9 TOPs Pulls

Notes:

  • [*:3cd2dxf6]Got to use some stuff I learned at the Mobility seminar today in my squats. Didn't really make them easier, but definitely made them feel more solid
    [*:3cd2dxf6]Order Fat Gripz last week so I am going to start incorporating them into my work outs. Mostly in warm ups, until my grip strengthens, since I learned today I am nowhere near ready to do them in the WODs. That just crushed my forearms...
    [*:3cd2dxf6]This whole pulling WOD smoked me. Even as much as I scaled it down, I still ended up doing mostly broken sets for each exercise after round 1.
    [*:3cd2dxf6]I also dont understand how pull overs are supposed to be easier than TOPs pulls. I can bang out some tops pulls (albeit in Adv tuck at best), but I cannot do a single pull over. Maybe I just dont understand how...

Gavin Strelitz

It took me a few tries to get the pullovers under control. It is mostly momentum and then balance shift. Once you nail one you'll get it, but my first few goes I was just stuck at the waist on top of the bar.

Once at the top of the pullup drive your knees up hard to get the momentum you need and then remember to lean backwards at the top to get you over.

Freeflyer

WEEK 11

DAY 5 (75)

Warm Up:

  • [*:2bh4ouve]16kg KB Drills
    [*:2bh4ouve]10 Diamond Pushups, 10 XR Row
    [*:2bh4ouve]6 XR Dips, 6 Close Grip Pull ups (eagle grips)
    [*:2bh4ouve]3 foot assisted MUs
    [*:2bh4ouve]1min in handstand
    [*:2bh4ouve]Wrist Prehab
    [*:2bh4ouve]Knee Prehab
    [*:2bh4ouve]Shoulder Prehab - bands

WOD:

  • [*:2bh4ouve]Deadlift: 1x11x50lbs (UH Fat Gripz), 1x8x140lbs (OH Fat Gripz), 1x5x190lbs (UH), 1x3x230lbs (OH), 2x3x300lbs (OH)

Notes:
  • [*:2bh4ouve]2 days late posting this. Was supposed to do ring strength this day, but my elbow were feeling a tender during the assisted MUs so I said screw it. My elbows have been asking for a little break, lol.
    [*:2bh4ouve]Added the Fat Gripz to the DL. Made even 140lbs really really hard. My grip really really sucks. Hopefully this helps improve it quickly. Also, Decided I am never gonna go mixed grip... If the wieght starts to get above my grip, I will use straps for those sets. Pretty much OH only for anything that is heavy.

Freeflyer

WEEK 11

DAY 7 (77)

GB WOD Here

Warm Up:

  • [*:3kyrmc7m]16kg KB Drills - flew through these very quickly today
    [*:3kyrmc7m]10 PPPu, 10 XR Rows
    [*:3kyrmc7m]6 XR Dips, 6 BTN Pull ups (Fat Gripz)
    [*:3kyrmc7m]3 foot assisted Muscle Ups
    [*:3kyrmc7m]1min in HS
    [*:3kyrmc7m]10 Wrist Pushups
    [*:3kyrmc7m]Knee Prehab
    [*:3kyrmc7m]Shoulder Prehab - bands

WOD:

  • [*:3kyrmc7m]3 Rounds of Ring Strength Series 1 - as in following video. Only video of set 3, since I realized after 2, my shorts. rode up a lot and I don't think anyone wants to see my ass, lol.

  • [*:3kyrmc7m]Back Squat: 1x8x45lbs, 1x5x115lbs, 1x3x145lbs, 10x3x192.5lbs - 2min intervals

Notes:

  • [*:3kyrmc7m]As you will see in video, elbows still werent fully cooperative, so my muscle ups are pretty ugly... Also partly for this reason, I didnt do any of the FSP work after the ring strength.
    [*:3kyrmc7m]Back squat felt super solid today with my new technique

Freeflyer

This next week will be a much needed break from working out. Unfortunately, it wont be a restful week. It is our team evaluation week, so it will be drill for about 16-20hrs a day till friday. So little sleep and constantly working :/

I made so much food though, I could eat 10K calories/day and not finish it. 6lbs of Wild Boar Chili. A few lbs of Brisket. 1lbs of Elk fajita meat, probably 1lbs of fajita veggies, a ton of salad greens. A gallon ziplock bag of bison jerky (homemade), and another gallon bag of dried kale (also homemade). A whole ton of sprouted seed snacks and some organic macaroons. Also dont forget all the protein powder... A few pieces of fruit. I am sure I am forgetting some stuff, but that is just off the top of my head.

So at the very least, I will have the healthy calories to keep me rollin, and will probably be eating better (read: tastier) than everyone else, haha.

Freeflyer

Here is set 3 from my ring strength series. I've worked on getting my palms down in the back lever.

HFXndn077t8

7th set from my 10x3x192.5lbs Back Squat Today as well. Just a form check mostly

07ZDrscwbvw