Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wall extensions + shoulder dislocates question

Alexis Solis

Alexis Solis

If I do 10 reps of wall extensions + 20 reps of shoulder dislocations (one set of 10 repetitions using both a pullup grip and an dorsal grip) will I improve my shoulder flexibility? I've been having trouble with straightening my handstand and front handspring because of my lack of flex.

Also I don't know if I need thoracic mobility. I lie with my back on the floor; feet flat and glutes on the floor (as explained on this site: http://stronglifts.com/how-to-improve-y ... -mobility/ ) and only my right wrist touches the floor. Would you also recommend doing the exercises on this site twice a week because I probably lack thoracic mobility? Or is it just my lack of flexibility in the left shoulder?

To be able to say with 100% certainty is it your t spine or shoulder would require more info. It could be your your body also has a bit of a twist in it and your shoulders are equally flexible, it could be a shoulder etc.

However, its almost impossible to have to much t spine flexibility so it won't hurt to work on that ever, esp with the nature of the work we do here, it should almost be a relief.

Tight shoulders, chest and upper back inflexibility are almost always connected and they always need to be unlocked together.

One can over do the shoulder work and unwittingly mess with the rotator cuff, to prevent this in all overhead stretching its important to have an armpit. In other words avoid the feeling of pressure in the armpit.