Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wrist push up PR

MarineMotivatedMe

MarineMotivatedMe

i can finally do wrist pushups with full range of motion. the crazy thing about this is i actually havent spent much time on these at all. when i first started train9ing these i couldnt put any weight on my wrists at all...i started stretching my wrists everytime before my hand balancing then i just followed the WOD's ive been doing them for about 2 months...im very impressed with my progression. has anyone else had something like this happen to them??

Brendan Coad

I've had the exact same thing happen. Started off very weak(still am not "strong" but at least I don't feel feeble anymore :D) and just did the wrist routine I pieced together from this site+youtube before every workout including wrist pushups from my knees(started from knees and piked). A few workouts ago when the finisher was wrist pushups 2X10 I decided to try full ROM and I managed to get two sets.

I recorded the video I posted in the 16082010 WOD as that was the next WOD that ended with wrist pushups because I'm still getting benefit from trying to slow down and control the wrist pushups from knees so I do those in my warm ups. It will be quite a while before Full ROM changes from a strength exercise to a warm up for me.

I also started with knees. Today I can do a normal wrist pushup, but I use a lot of momentum, it seems that a slow, controled, wrist pushup still with knees is a more productive work, for me at the moment.

Joshua Naterman

I've been doing these on the floor, but recently I started running the conditioning for the GSU grappling club and I found that I get a lot out of doing these with straight arms on the wall, at a 45 degree angle. I'm almost in a leaning handstand alignment, you know what I mean? I've found this to be the easiest way to really build up some excellent strength with these.

If you're doing these right and following the WODs you will absolutely see excellent improvements relatively quickly!