Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tricep Tendinitis?

Calder Photography

Calder Photography

Hey guys,

I have this stinging pain in my tricep when it's held at certain angles, it occurs around the middle point between my elbow and shoulder at the back of my arm, does this sound like tendinitis to you?

I think the best thing to do right now may be to take a few days off.

Tom.

Calder Photography

The reason I'm skeptical as to whether this is tendinitis is that the pain Isn't just above the elbow, It's higher into the actual Tricep, rather than the tendon.

Pain always mean to back off, and listen to your body. Period! Whether it tendinitis or not is secondary. Rest, and work other parts of your physique. And if rest does not help then see a medical professional. From my perspective I feel that it is very easy to press too hard and aggravate injury further, and it is probably one the most common issues with self-coached training.

That the pain isn't in immediate vicinity of the elbow does not mean that it cannot be tendinitis. Pin pointing pain can be quite tricky. Remember that muscles all transition into tendons before anchoring to the bones. Some of these tendons are quite long, so i do not think it is safe to assume that because the pain does not occur close to the joint that it isn't tendinitis - at least not as a laymen, that assessment would be for a doctor to make. Therefore I still think it is better to show some caution.

If you look at a anatomy atlas you will note that the muscular part of the lateral head of the triceps brachii, is only "muscular" to about half way down the humerus.