Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handbalancing workshop in Helsinki 9-10th October

Mikael Kristiansen

Alvaro Antolinez

So bad I can´t assist to this workshop.. :( but family is family (much more when is growing! :D )

• 1 month later...
Mikko Myllymäki

Excellent seminar. Extremely enthusiastic teacher with some very nice skills. Thank you Mikael for teaching and Mr Brady for organizing!

-One of the kung fu dudes

Big thanks to Mikael for an awesome and inspiring weekend!

The workshop was really a blast, everyone had a great time.

Mikeal is a natural born teacher, and his love for the art of handbalancing is truly contagious.

We will most certainly do this again.

On a personal note, Mikael is just an all around great person, a true artist, free spirit and deep thinker. It was a real pleasure to hang out with him for a weekend.

Mikael Kristiansen

Thank you for the kind words, but I feel we were all contributing to a great learning atmosphere there. I learned a lot as well. I honestly could not have hoped to have so dedicated and energetic students. 3 hours 2 days in a row is no joke, especially if you are not used to such training, and everyone did great work! I feel everyone were very engaged and the attitude and will of everyone inspired me a lot! and I am sure that you will all progress very rapidly, and I hope to come back to see where you have all gotten to.

Especially, thanks to Cole for the hospitality and for making this happen! Give everyone who was there my greetings!

Mikael

As other guys already said - the seminar was really great!

Mikael provided tons of useful hand-balancing information, including:

* warm-up & stretching for hand-balancing training

* how to fall down from handstand

* basic handstand exercises and how to hand-spot partner

* handstand leg-mobility exercises

* air-baby and crocodile progressions

* press to handstand progressions

* methodology and programing tips for hand-balancing practice

Whole seminar was really motivating and it was true pleasure to learn from such a great teacher. Honestly, I cannot think of better introductory class for someone starting hand-balancing training. Also, you definitely know you're in good hands when your instructor says:

"Seminar is over for today, but I'll continue to do some exercises. Handbalancing is what I enjoy doing and the thing I would be doing anyways, so if you want to join me - feel free to do so" :)

I've made short video compiled out of my seminar footage:

G9v6sFHsQD8

As a note - most of these clips were filmed during Mikael's explanations, with no warm-up whatsoever. He was explaining certain concept and bam - in the next moment - he's in one-arm handstand :-)

Mikael & Cole, thank you for excellent seminar!

Awesome montage bjonic.

It wasn't any different when he went home to our place. I came in and he's showing as many skills as possible on the straps. It was just fantastic to be around.

Michael Traynor

Hah! This video is great! Love the last clip piggy back one handed handstand, I am going to dream about doing these now :)