Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handbalancing workshop in Helsinki 9-10th October

Mikael Kristiansen

Mikael Kristiansen

Hello, my name is Mikael Kristiansen, and I am a student at the national circus program in Stockholm, specializing in handbalancing. October 9th and 10th, I will in cooperation with Mr.Brady from this forum conduct a workshop in handstand balancing in Helsinki. The classes will be for those on all levels, and focusing on the fundamentals and progressions which build up to the more advanced balances. Proper hand-spotting, and different key exercises for alignment, balance and strength, as well as 1 arm work will be covered. Since this is only a 2 days workshop, I want to teach how to most effectively train technically challenging elements without a professional coach. There will a session of about 3 hours both days, with the intensity kept low to be able to spend the energy on learning how to train, rather than getting exhausted at once. The fee is 80 euros. If anyone is interested, go to www.studio8.fi for more information.

I will put up a small demo clip of my balancing here shortly.

Sincerely,

Mikael

yuri marmerstein

ah, this sounds excellent. I would love to attend and meet you in person; too bad I am across the ocean

I'm exited to see your new training clips

you would be proud of me, I improved my one arm alignment(most of the time) and can get some 15 seconds holds, many thanks to your advice. I've been off for the last few days though, will probably take a step back for a week or so.

Mikael Kristiansen

Nice to hear Yuri! You are doing very good work, and I really want to see your progress! If im ever in the states I will send you a message! =)

This will be my first workshop concentrating on handbalancing, though I used to teach breakdance before. As I am in Dans och Cirkushögskolan at the moment, I havent really done much teaching, though I would love to do more.

New training video will be up by tomorrow!

Yes! Come to the U.S.! I would love to take a course on handbalancing. In the meantime, I hope your workshop in Helsinki goes well.

Basically what happened is i read HB's excellent posts and its pretty clear he's a natural teacher. I figured i'd ask him if he's interested in doing a workshop here. By coincidence he had been thinking of doing a workshop somewhere in Helsinki because of friends he has here. So a fortunate state of events.

Its pretty unusual to have a Circus guy come to a yoga school, but i figure what better way to learn? So as far as i know this is a pretty unique event, and i'm really looking forward to it!

If your interested but have a low budget, you can also sleep in the studio, only problem is we have classes starting at 09.00 on Sunday.

Mr. Brady if I go I would very much like to sleep in the studio. Though I'm not usually an early bird that's no problem when it comes to saving money :P

Please help me out, if you plan to stay in the studio please just add a note when you register through our web site, this will help us keep track, otherwise i'm likely to forget. Also use the studioemail to let me know when you need to stay. I will set up a meeting time on Friday if there are folks coming in then so we can get you in.

Of course remember to bring a blanket a pillow etc.....

Which language is going to be used in the workshop?

Count me in if the workshop is going to be in English!

My god this is awesome, i cannot attend to this great workshop due to distance issues (Brazil x Finland) but i really want to know what kind of progressions and exercises you will be teaching in this workshop. Is there any way to film the entire workshop and then i pay the 80 euros fee and you guys send the video to me?

Please i would attend if i could but it's really too difficult for me now to cover the travel expenses for this workshop so this video would be a great solution.

Cheers!

Jutajata i'm fairly confident that this won't be the only opportunity. I'm hoping that this will become a regular happening.

So when you get to London Finland isn't far.

I don't want to answer for Handbalancer as that is purely his prerogative, but in most cases filming is not an option.

Waiting for the vid! :P Oh and as soon as I get my uni schedule I can see if I can go.. pretty sure I'll be able to :D

Is it known at what time is seminar going to start on Sunday? Or at least is it going to take place in the morning or evening hours? I'm asking so I can get appropriate plane tickets.

Thanx in advance.

Its all on the website-

http://www.studio8.fi

just click the link on the main page - you will need to do this to register anyway

but to directly answer your question-

Saturday 10.00-13.00

Sunday 14.00-17.00

again-

please direct your questions regarding the workshop to the school

email us at

info@studo8.fi

and register using the form on the webpage, or email

otherwise its difficult to keep track of things

Thanks!

cole

I think Handbalancer is pretty busy with school. I'm sure he'll get it to us when he has a moment to do it.

I live in rovaniemi (finland), so i´ll try to be there too! My parents live in helsinki so maybe a bunch of ppl can stay in their house with me if the studio gets overcrowded :) I´ll let you know how things go for me. Not sure of my boss.. :twisted:

Trying to get the financial part going as the seminar looks like it's happening and that would be my 1st priority, but if this is going to be a regular happening then it's something I'm definately attending in the future!

Mikko Myllymäki

We would like to come with my brother but can't yet register for the seminar, because we're not sure if we have a different happening the same weekend. Is there still room for more people, how many have registered so far?

I wouldn't wait too long after you know, i don't want to give any numbers because it can change before you read this, but 20 is the max and its getting there.

Mikko Myllymäki

Got the info I was waiting for and we are able to come to the seminar. Just registered myself and my brother. Cant' wait!