Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Training FSP once a week will improve my strength?

Alexis Solis

Alexis Solis

I can only train FSP on Saturdays. If I do so, will it give me strength gains? Also, another important question: on how many different static positions should I focus my training?

Alexis Solis
What stops you from training FSP other days?

I train gymnastics from Monday to Friday 2 hours a day. We train a lot of strength, so I'm afraid I might get overtrained if I add my FSP training to these days.

BTW, thanks a lot for answering!!

Joshua Naterman

You should be working your FSP as a part of your warm up. Don't try and kill yourself with them, they are not supposed to be high intensity. You should consider them skill work and pre-hab (injury prevention) if anything, NOT strength work. 4 days a week is plenty. Look at Thursday's WOD, I posted a video of my warm up. You'll see how I do it. I am NOT pushing myself very hard.

Alexis Solis
You should be working your FSP as a part of your warm up. Don't try and kill yourself with them, they are not supposed to be high intensity. You should consider them skill work and pre-hab (injury prevention) if anything, NOT strength work. 4 days a week is plenty. Look at Thursday's WOD, I posted a video of my warm up. You'll see how I do it. I am NOT pushing myself very hard.

Thanks a lot! I'm going to do this for my warm ups 4 days a week =] I really appreciate all your answers slizzardman!