Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

getting started properly

Eric Reyes

Eric Reyes

been always active with martial arts then bodybuilding then kettlebell...now I'm earnestly diving in gymnastics, via GymFit of course, as I came to realize the benefits especially at my age (45yrs old, 5'5", 74kgs @ approximately 12% BF)...

my question is, should I discard bodybuilding/kettlebell altogether? or could i still do them? currently doing the Intermediate 1 in Guided Plans....

I'd like to progress in my gymnastics training as much as I can but it would also be nice, if possible, to retain the muscle I gained from lifting...

Thanks in advance for any input 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Eric Reyes said:

been always active with martial arts then bodybuilding then kettlebell...now I'm earnestly diving in gymnastics, via GymFit of course, as I came to realize the benefits especially at my age (45yrs old, 5'5", 74kgs @ approximately 12% BF)...

my question is, should I discard bodybuilding/kettlebell altogether? or could i still do them? currently doing the Intermediate 1 in Guided Plans....

I'd like to progress in my gymnastics training as much as I can but it would also be nice, if possible, to retain the muscle I gained from lifting...

Thanks in advance for any input 

Hey Eric it depend on your priority...

my suggestion is to hold an averga number of sets of 15-20 for a muscle group.

Eric Reyes
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Eric it depend on your priority...

my suggestion is to hold an averga number of sets of 15-20 for a muscle group.

Actually, I was thinking of not altering the guided plans as I believe a lot of thought has been given in structuring it...also, as a beginner to gymnastics training, I'd rather leave the programming of the workout to the experts...at least for now

I was thinking more like adding another session in the day like a kettlebell workout...

thanks in advance for the advise

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Eric Reyes said:

Actually, I was thinking of not altering the guided plans as I believe a lot of thought has been given in structuring it...also, as a beginner to gymnastics training, I'd rather leave the programming of the workout to the experts...at least for now

I was thinking more like adding another session in the day like a kettlebell workout...

thanks in advance for the advise

you can , the best idea is to focus on other muscles or stay on higher rep ranges like 12-15.