Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Completing Foundation 1 options

Alastair Rhodes

Alastair Rhodes

I am a beginner and have recently started into Foundation 1. Can anyone tell me if it is better to start on workout one to five and keep repeating until I have it nailed them before moving on, especially table top and the Ape crawl !! OR to go though the workouts one after the other until I reach the end and then move onto Foundation 2. 

I am using the guided programs having no previous experience at all in Gymnastic strength and of average ability and fitness. 

I would really appreciate any advice or guidance. 

thanks so much in advance 

Alastair 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Alastair Rhodes said:

I am a beginner and have recently started into Foundation 1. Can anyone tell me if it is better to start on workout one to five and keep repeating until I have it nailed them before moving on, especially table top and the Ape crawl !! OR to go though the workouts one after the other until I reach the end and then move onto Foundation 2. 

I am using the guided programs having no previous experience at all in Gymnastic strength and of average ability and fitness. 

I would really appreciate any advice or guidance. 

thanks so much in advance 

Alastair 

Hey Alastair...i've checked on the portal but the workout 1-5 up to the last one has no fooundations work. foundations begins with "intermediate one" guided plan..

Alastair Rhodes

Alessandro,

My apologies, on my beginners workouts there are 40 of them, since it is not foundations proper, just go through them or keep repeating until I become proficient? 

Regards Alastair 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Alastair Rhodes said:

Alessandro,

My apologies, on my beginners workouts there are 40 of them, since it is not foundations proper, just go through them or keep repeating until I become proficient? 

Regards Alastair 

IDEALLY YES...40 workout are usually enough.

Alastair Rhodes

Alessandro,

Regards Alastair 

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/5/2023 at 12:20 AM, Alastair Rhodes said:

Alessandro,

Regards Alastair 

well...finish them first ...take note how much difficulties you had, your limitation (like for example posterior chain flexibility) and then i can giv you eprsonally a suggestion about the best thing to do...

• 7 months later...
Adam Rosner 365999

Hello Alastair, perhaps I can offer my opinion on this matter. The exercises in Fundamentals (ape, table, etc) serve the roll of introducing you to new movements. They will help you assess your current mobility level, and give you a clear indication about your weakpoints, etc. I found great effect in doing the program consecutively (meaning on day one I did day one’s work, day two I did day two’s work…) as there is some good overlap with the movements. But I kept some of the movements and used them in my warm up - particularly the table walk and ape walk from day one. I had bad sciatica and had to modify them, but they forced me to address the area likely causing the pain - this is a long story involving my history with what I thought were bulging discs but turns out might have been piriformis related. Within a week my year and a half struggle with back pain disappeared, almost completely. 

im not saying this is typical, but in this instant I found very quickly a problem and after working on it here and there via the ape walk I had found an amazing effect. I keep that one in the loop even today, though I don’t necessarily go for distance or have too much structure. I just know that if that is going well things generally will follow