Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Balancing shoulder flexion activity

Victor A MOUCLIER

Victor A MOUCLIER

Hi everybody and thank you for keeping this forum active,

What is the best exercice to balance the development of the anterior shoulder musculature when you are doing a lot of shoulder flexion activity ?

by Shoulder flexion activity i mean Pike pushups and Pseudo planche push ups, overhead press.

There was an old post from coach sommer where he adviced to do reverse flies as well as rows in order to balance maltese and inv. cross training (wich are heavily anterior delt focused movements).
But to get more in details, wich variations of the flies and rows will be the most productive in the purpose of balancing the shoulder flexors ?

Thanks in advance for your time

Edited by Victor A MOUCLIER

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Victor A MOUCLIER said:

Hi everybody and thank you for keeping this forum active,

What is the best exercice to balance the development of the anterior shoulder musculature when you are doing a lot of shoulder flexion activity ?

by Shoulder flexion activity i mean Pike pushups and Pseudo planche push ups, overhead press.

There was an old post from coach sommer where he adviced to do reverse flies as well as rows in order to balance maltese and inv. cross training (wich are heavily anterior delt focused movements).
But to get more in details, wich variations of the flies and rows will be the most productive in the purpose of balancing the shoulder flexors ?

Thanks in advance for your time

It depends how the shoulder flexion is done. if it is done with a stronger protraction then adductors of shoulder blade + thoracic clumn extensors + plus lower and middle traps should be done + shoulder extension work. if shoulder flexion is done with open posture like a military press then the shoulder extension is enough to balance.

Victor A MOUCLIER

Thanks for the answer,

so if i perform prone shoulder extension (with arched thoracic column) with weighted stick, i should be good ?

Alessandro Mainente
30 minutes ago, Victor A MOUCLIER said:

Thanks for the answer,

so if i perform prone shoulder extension (with arched thoracic column) with weighted stick, i should be good ?

Yes...i would do one day isometric and one day dynamic.