Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advice about getting into the HIIT workouts

Dana Polojarvi

Dana Polojarvi

Hi everyone,

This morning I added the beginning HIIT workout to my daily plan, and I found that I was way too out of shape to do it. I’m wondering if anybody has any advice about building up to these kinds of workouts. It looks really fun and useful, but I’m not there yet. Thanks for your help. Sorry about my earlier post on this; for some reason the system added the text from an earlier post, which confused me. I tried to edit or delete, but it wouldn’t let me.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Alessandro Mainente
On 7/21/2022 at 10:48 PM, Dana Polojarvi said:

Hi everyone,

This morning I added the beginning HIIT workout to my daily plan, and I found that I was way too out of shape to do it. I’m wondering if anybody has any advice about building up to these kinds of workouts. It looks really fun and useful, but I’m not there yet. Thanks for your help. Sorry about my earlier post on this; for some reason the system added the text from an earlier post, which confused me. I tried to edit or delete, but it wouldn’t let me.

Thanks!

Hey Dana, well a good idea is to build up some stamina with the time....and there are many ways:

- increasing the rest: useful if you can complete the set but the rest is not enough

- reducing the time under tension: it means reducing the reps or the time of an exercise, very useful if you cannot complete a set

- resduce the total time: very useful if you stayed too much away from physical activity.