Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Single Bar Shoulder Mobility - Grip strength weak

Ian Tuck

Hey there, just completing my first week of training and while I found the first week relatively approachable and fairly easy (just level 1, I know it will get harder), I'm a big guy (6'2", 220 lbs) and found the Single Bar Shoulder Mobility video way more difficult than anything else during the week. Specifically the German Hang and just being able to hold a two-handed and (especially) single-handed hang for long enough to meet the goals of the video. It kills my hands. If I use wrist straps my back/shoulder doesn't hurt, but this feels like a deficiency I should not be overcoming with equipment. Is there anything else I should be/can be doing to improve grip strength? Or will it develop as a result of doing the best I can every time this video shows up in my weekly schedule?

Thanks,

Alessandro Mainente
On 1/10/2022 at 7:07 AM, Ian Tuck said:

Hey there, just completing my first week of training and while I found the first week relatively approachable and fairly easy (just level 1, I know it will get harder), I'm a big guy (6'2", 220 lbs) and found the Single Bar Shoulder Mobility video way more difficult than anything else during the week. Specifically the German Hang and just being able to hold a two-handed and (especially) single-handed hang for long enough to meet the goals of the video. It kills my hands. If I use wrist straps my back/shoulder doesn't hurt, but this feels like a deficiency I should not be overcoming with equipment. Is there anything else I should be/can be doing to improve grip strength? Or will it develop as a result of doing the best I can every time this video shows up in my weekly schedule?

Thanks,

Hey Ian, the best suggestion here is to give the hands the time to adapt...so use the lower limbs to support your weight...