Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nuno Duarte

Back Lever question

Nuno Duarte

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well! 

I have a question regarding back Lever : when doing this element, sometimes feels like my upper arm is resting on my lats. In this video I show a set where this is happening and another where I corrected this situation. It does not feel more difficult, only the variation where my arm is resting on the lats feels more uncomfortable. What do you think is correct?

Thanks for the feedback!! 

Nuno Duarte. 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well! 

I have a question regarding back Lever : when doing this element, sometimes feels like my upper arm is resting on my lats. In this video I show a set where this is happening and another where I corrected this situation. It does not feel more difficult, only the variation where my arm is resting on the lats feels more uncomfortable. What do you think is correct?

Thanks for the feedback!! 

Nuno Duarte. 

Hey Nuno, both the form is not completely correct because the shoulders are still rolled inward. 

How can you understand that? because they are aligned with the belly and not with the frontal plane (the line that cuts the body on anterior and posterior part) of the body. The only way to avoid that is by unrolling the shoulder. Anterior shoulder blade tilts should not be confused with protraction.

Nuno Duarte

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! I think I see what you mean. Is the form completely correct now? The problem with the arms resting on the lats seems to have disappeared..

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, Nuno Duarte said:

Hi @Alessandro Mainente! I think I see what you mean. Is the form completely correct now? The problem with the arms resting on the lats seems to have disappeared..

NIcely done my friend.

• Thanks 1