Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Support Hold with Tuck for L-sit training?

Longshanks

Longshanks

I'm just wondering has anyone the support hold with knees to chest on rings as a beginner hold for the L-sit?

I've seen Jim from beast skills advises this as a beginner hold for floor L-sits but I just wanted to spend more time on rings. I can only do about 20max hold of the non-straight back version on the floor so far but wanted to spend more of my training time on the rings really.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

tuck L sits can be very useful.

66large-1.jpg

if you can't yet hold the advanced version (which is a very important adjustment to make) you can use it to make it a little easier and you can also use it to build up to L on rings. Actually I don't do it with knees to the chest, that would be a tuck V, the hips and knees should both form perfect 90s. Basically if your L doesn't look this good then sure you can use the tuck to increase the leverage and get your body position better.

As far as rings go, master a support before moving on to the L-sit on rings.

As for as floor/parallettes go, tuck at 90 degrees is easier than tuck with knees close to chest ( the same is true as far as HLL go as well ).

Longshanks

I'll continue with L-sit on floor for now then and start Support holds. How do you arrange support holds as far as muscles worked. I do a 1 push 1 pull for upper body each workout and I'm just wondering, is support hold something you can add onto a workout or is it best to replace something else with support hold. Is it mainly a forarm exercise when arms are just straight and verticle?

You'll notice support hold on rings works just about everything but on rings the focus is on preparing the elbows and bicep. It can work even the core which can be surprising at times. Normally I don't feel it but it can limit some athletes with weak core muscles and I feel it when my abs are wrecked.

Remember those Embedded Ring Series on the GB WOD's? You would do support or L-sit before planche.