Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to recycle mastery exercices

Axel Alonso

Axel Alonso

Hello everyone,

I have heard coach Sommer mentioning about doing a high reps training workout once a week, mainly to feed connective/muscle tissues.

It does make sense to me to accomplish that by selecting the exercises previously mastered, ranging in the 15r+ range.

Meanwhile, I have read on the forum some advice from coaches to keep those mastered sets of previous PE as a warm-up.

My question is: which option to choose, and more precisely when are we strong enough to cut the 2 sessions of Foundation work a week to 1 session of standard progression + 1 high reps tissue feeding session.

Thank you for clarifying that programming question that will help me and hopefully others to know what to do with those exercises to maintain.

Axel

Alessandro Mainente
On 5/30/2020 at 3:33 PM, Axel Alonso said:

Hello everyone,

I have heard coach Sommer mentioning about doing a high reps training workout once a week, mainly to feed connective/muscle tissues.

It does make sense to me to accomplish that by selecting the exercises previously mastered, ranging in the 15r+ range.

Meanwhile, I have read on the forum some advice from coaches to keep those mastered sets of previous PE as a warm-up.

My question is: which option to choose, and more precisely when are we strong enough to cut the 2 sessions of Foundation work a week to 1 session of standard progression + 1 high reps tissue feeding session.

Thank you for clarifying that programming question that will help me and hopefully others to know what to do with those exercises to maintain.

Axel

Hi Axel, until reaching foundations 2 you do not need that simply because you have not already developed the work capacity to support additional work.

IN the last 4-5 years I use my previous PE's as a warmup and as a cooldown as a giant superset for example

-some pushup, some rows, some dips, some harder rows, some hspu, some vertical pulling work, some planche pushup, some multiplanes pulling work, some chest roll variation, and some rope climbing variation.

-somewhere in between some st of manna and side lever work.

-it takes approximately 6-8 minutes to complete one round.

Axel Alonso

Thank you Alessandro for the quality of your reply and your overall help on the forum.

So you would use some previous PE's (but without the iM) and just use them as your warm up or as your cool down (which one does make more sense to you?) for the number of reps of those previous mastery sets. And you would pair them to make a giant set, instead of warming up each element, with for instance: push ups and dips before HSPU work, then rows and pull ups before Rope climb, etc ...

I do understand however that before Foundation 2 it is a much better idea to just focus on progressing the exercices, and reserve that weekly high reps session when proper work capacity has been built. I am really trying to figure out what to maintain and how, as some exercices can easily be forgotten past a certain point, so I thank you again for your help.

Axel

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Axel Alonso said:

Thank you Alessandro for the quality of your reply and your overall help on the forum.

So you would use some previous PE's (but without the iM) and just use them as your warm up or as your cool down (which one does make more sense to you?) for the number of reps of those previous mastery sets. And you would pair them to make a giant set, instead of warming up each element, with for instance: push ups and dips before HSPU work, then rows and pull ups before Rope climb, etc ...

I do understand however that before Foundation 2 it is a much better idea to just focus on progressing the exercices, and reserve that weekly high reps session when proper work capacity has been built. I am really trying to figure out what to maintain and how, as some exercices can easily be forgotten past a certain point, so I thank you again for your help.

Axel

Ut depends....sometime higher reps... sometimes lower...something i begin from foundations one up to foundations 4  while reducing the reps. sometimes the opposite. no fixed rules for me.

Axel Alonso

Focusing on the actual current Progression and playing around with previous mastery exercices seems to be the adaptable way to go.

Thank you for your feedback !