Hi,
Can you please give me some pointers on how to get into this position? The video is not very helpful and they guy makes it look so easy
Thanks,
George
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by George Traganidas 235308, May 20, 2020 · 43 Replies · 1,157 Views
Hi,
Can you please give me some pointers on how to get into this position? The video is not very helpful and they guy makes it look so easy
Thanks,
George
9 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:Hi,
Can you please give me some pointers on how to get into this position? The video is not very helpful and they guy makes it look so easy
![]()
Thanks,
George
Hi George, do you have any attempt?
Here is my attempt.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q3TPr0piMTVs6wuIBLeNmtSUjUExbFnG/view?usp=sharing
Thanks,
George
11 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:Here is my attempt.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q3TPr0piMTVs6wuIBLeNmtSUjUExbFnG/view?usp=sharing
Thanks,
George
Hi George, can you please upload a video on youtube and share the link?
Can you not access the link below?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q3TPr0piMTVs6wuIBLeNmtSUjUExbFnG
George, this thread has some pointers. As you enter the position, I think your upper body isn't far enough in front of your hands to counterbalance your legs, and your back is also arched and at a steep angle to the floor - this makes it very hard to correct as your hips swing down towards the floor.
Alessandro also had some great advice here: get your legs into the final position, lying on the floor, and slide forward over your hands until you balance.
5 hours ago, Nick Murray said:George, this thread has some pointers. As you enter the position, I think your upper body isn't far enough in front of your hands to counterbalance your legs, and your back is also arched and at a steep angle to the floor - this makes it very hard to correct as your hips swing down towards the floor.
Alessandro also had some great advice here: get your legs into the final position, lying on the floor, and slide forward over your hands until you balance.
13 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:Can you not access the link below?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q3TPr0piMTVs6wuIBLeNmtSUjUExbFnG
Adding to what Nick said very often the problem is that we do not lean enough. in your video is very hard for you leaning as you extend the hips...my idea provides the understanding on the complete lever in the beginning and simply ou lean what you need...knee does not lift without the correct amount of lean. i suggest practicing some bent arm tuck planche hold separately so that you can increase the basic bent arm planche strength.
@Alessandro Mainente thanks lot for sharing the video. It is very easy to follow. I think that the entry of the second attempt is a lot easier for a beginner. I will try this one. The first attempt is the next step up or are there any more lessons I should pick from the first one?
Thanks a lot.
George
IN the video you should always use the second way.
I tried to replicate your second demonstration.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vAPE8m1CDQEeGhoLRcCzqOvFlBQ3-hjS
I still cannot get my legs off the ground. At the moment I feel a lot of pressure at the front of my wrists (side that is closer to my face) as more and more weight is put on them. Any advice?
Thanks,
George
George Traganidas 235308 said:7 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:I tried to replicate your second demonstration.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vAPE8m1CDQEeGhoLRcCzqOvFlBQ3-hjS
I still cannot get my legs off the ground. At the moment I feel a lot of pressure at the front of my wrists (side that is closer to my face) as more and more weight is put on them. Any advice?
Thanks,
George
HI Georger the main problem is that you are not straddling your legs...
Thanks for the pointer. After I straddled my legs more, I managed to get off the ground for 4 seconds. I recorded here another video. How does this look?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgqFtrZO6zX1XhAOud67xZO8j5BnEkzb/view?usp=sharing
Thanks,
George
George Traganidas 235308 said:9 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:Thanks for the pointer. After I straddled my legs more, I managed to get off the ground for 4 seconds. I recorded here another video. How does this look?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgqFtrZO6zX1XhAOud67xZO8j5BnEkzb/view?usp=sharing
Thanks,
George
For now, since you do not have enough seconds i suggest you to step back and build up some bent arm support strength. a good goal is 30'' of bent arm tuck planche hold.
Also some stretch on hips flexor and piriformis are recommended.
Thanks. I will work on bent arm tuck planche hold for the moment. Do you have any pointers for this move? I could not find it in any of the Upper Body progressions.
If you could do a video as well it would be great, similar to the one you did above
Thanks,
George
2 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:Thanks. I will work on bent arm tuck planche hold for the moment. Do you have any pointers for this move? I could not find it in any of the Upper Body progressions.
If you could do a video as well it would be great, similar to the one you did above
![]()
Thanks,
George
Because there is not bent arm tuck planche progression. is something that I have understood i necessary for some people with less strength level...as i was.
it is like lowering yourself into a net arm ruck planche pushup....holding the lowest position.
Thanks. I will try and take a video.
On 6/5/2020 at 2:08 AM, George Traganidas 235308 said:
Your body should look horizontal. try to reach more protraction.
Any better? I tried to protract my shoulders, but it is hard to keep horizontal because I tend to fall backwards.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KJVEm_PGglgA3UgCfNMlr-_8yaxCBifU/view?usp=drivesdk
thanks,
george
11 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:Any better? I tried to protract my shoulders, but it is hard to keep horizontal because I tend to fall backwards.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KJVEm_PGglgA3UgCfNMlr-_8yaxCBifU/view?usp=drivesdk
thanks,
george
It is a matter of strength...you need to lean more. keep your legs to the chest for now.
Thanks. I keep trying for a few weeks and then post another video.
@Alessandro Mainente I have recorded another two videos of this. How does it look?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13OHkGLS7GzY79q4tw9Id-QgTlTbEckmr/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nuit8jxkHOkooI4xUBevjwP9-l0Jj_T_/view?usp=sharing
As a general question, should I aim at this point to have the legs under my hips?
Thanks,
George
8 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:@Alessandro Mainente I have recorded another two videos of this. How does it look?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13OHkGLS7GzY79q4tw9Id-QgTlTbEckmr/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nuit8jxkHOkooI4xUBevjwP9-l0Jj_T_/view?usp=sharing
As a general question, should I aim at this point to have the legs under my hips?
Thanks,
George
Much better george....now the only tiny error you have is that hips should be lower BUT in order to compensate the position of the hips you can:
-lower down with the shoulder (as you are doing);
-more forward with the shoulders..that is what you must do...
@Alessandro Mainente just to clarify to make sure I completely understand. You suggest to start moving the leg backwards and move forwards with the shoulders to balance? And bit by bit I will be with my quads parallel to the floor?
George