This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold - Help

Started by George Traganidas 235308, May 20, 2020 · 43 Replies · 1,157 Views

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

@Alessandro Mainente just to clarify to make sure I completely understand. You suggest to start moving the leg backwards and move forwards with the shoulders to balance? And bit by bit I will be with my quads parallel to the floor?

George

Yes, is the only solution. if you have to pass from a tuck planche to full tuck planche you need to balance the amount of leverage on the lower body with more lean.

a less extreme situation is the handstand pushup: 

-handstand: no horizontal lever;

-bottom position: a bit of forwarding lean but you need to balance only a little inclination of the body.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks for the insights. I will try to build a 30sec hold for the tuck planche at the moment and then I will start to lean forward and extend my legs backwards. I will send another video in a few weeks.

George

Ezra Alexander

Thanks for this thread boys. George, I'm exactly where you were back in May. I can't even get into the position for one second. I will try the progression you have started on and see how it goes.

Leigh Cambre

Same as Ezra. Following this thread.

Cristian Fournies

This is amazing! I can not hold the tuck position for more than 10 second. good to know that I'm on the right truck :)

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Cristian Fournies said:

This is amazing! I can not hold the tuck position for more than 10 second. good to know that I'm on the right truck :)

we've always a solution...well...we try to give you some ideas!

George Traganidas 235308

After 20 weeks on this, I can hold this for 5x30seconds. I will post a video soon. Maybe now I can go back to the normal progression and try again.

George Traganidas 235308

This is my latest video of 30sec hold. I think it is now time to go back and try Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold. @Alessandro Mainente any feedback on the video?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

This is my latest video of 30sec hold. I think it is now time to go back and try Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold. @Alessandro Mainente any feedback on the video?

 

 

Hi George, the main focus, for now, is having hips and shoulders at the same height. no more technical tips should be added for now.

George Traganidas 235308

@Alessandro Mainente How does this look?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

@Alessandro Mainente How does this look?

 

 

OK....now the alignment is good.

George Traganidas 235308

Can you please provide me with feedback?

 

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 minutes ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Can you please provide me with feedback?

 

 

 

 

 

Perfect sir.

George Traganidas 235308
On 11/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Perfect sir.

YEssssssssss. I will keep working on it. Thanks.

George Traganidas 235308

How does this look? I had to go back to basic for 3 months and I am back to this exercise again.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement, George! Keep trying to open your hips a bit more, but overall you're doing an awesome job.

George Traganidas 235308
2 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Nice improvement, George! Keep trying to open your hips a bit more, but overall you're doing an awesome job.

Thanks. I will keep trying. Next I try to do with hands on the floor without the stands.

Levi Strong Sheldon
On 5/22/2020 at 2:07 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

This is very helpful, thank you. Should I be using mini pallets as a beginner? Or just keep improving wrists? Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
21 minutes ago, Levi Strong Sheldon said:

This is very helpful, thank you. Should I be using mini pallets as a beginner? Or just keep improving wrists? Thanks.

it is personal...my wrists cannot hold floor progression.