Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thoracic Series

Christopher Jozwick

Christopher Jozwick

Hello,

I am currently doing Foundation 1 with mid and front stretch series as that is what populated after answering the questionnaire for where I should start. I noticed the thoracic stretch video did not populate. How important is that one for me to add into the current regimen in order for me to progress in the foundation series?  I don't want to get super far down the road and that be the limiting factor. Thanks

Chris 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Christopher Jozwick said:

Hello,

I am currently doing Foundation 1 with mid and front stretch series as that is what populated after answering the questionnaire for where I should start. I noticed the thoracic stretch video did not populate. How important is that one for me to add into the current regimen in order for me to progress in the foundation series?  I don't want to get super far down the road and that be the limiting factor. Thanks

Chris 

Hi Christopher, well since the 99% of shoulder injuries depend on the wrong scapulae alignment...the bridge course has one perfect result: repositioning of the scapulae. so i think that it should be included. of course if you extremely tight on the upper body mobility maybe you need to scale it down or you a more general work like restore or additional work on the foundations mobility elements.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Tamra Myers

I was also curious as to why the thoracic stretch series is not included with Foundation 1. I assumed it's because it's too advanced for many in Foundation 1. I include myself in that category, but I've added it to my weekly workout and I do as much of it as I can, as it's the area I need the most work on.

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Tamra Myers said:

I was also curious as to why the thoracic stretch series is not included with Foundation 1. I assumed it's because it's too advanced for many in Foundation 1. I include myself in that category, but I've added it to my weekly workout and I do as much of it as I can, as it's the area I need the most work on.

Hi Tamra, probably it is due to the structure of F1 where you have one preparatory element couple with ONE compensation/mobility element. this relationship of 1:1 defines the structure of the course and was not In the program to modify it. stretch series was released after foundations. it cannot be fitted in an already fixed structure. it can be implemented with...merged with...but as a separate work.

• 1 month later...
Christopher Jozwick

I have started doing the thoracic series, however I am having a very difficult time with much of the work at the end (bridge, bridge push ups etc). I have watched the technique videos are there isn't much by way of scaling for those moves. Any tips for scaling so I can progress to completing the video? Also if your suggestions could take into account my lack of stall bars. Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Christopher Jozwick said:

I have started doing the thoracic series, however I am having a very difficult time with much of the work at the end (bridge, bridge push ups etc). I have watched the technique videos are there isn't much by way of scaling for those moves. Any tips for scaling so I can progress to completing the video? Also if your suggestions could take into account my lack of stall bars. Thanks.

Hi Christohper, can you post some video with your attempts? depending on your limitation i can evaluate if i can give you scaled variation or if it is better to skip it for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
Timothy Strickland

I tried including the thoracic stretch series when I first started but wasn't able to complete the movements. The front split and middle split seems to work well but the thoracic series has some complex movements. I ended up instead, using the restore thoracic twice a week and my mid back is always sore after doing it, I have noticed I have better movement in the mid back now.