Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pre military strategy

Blake Rosenbaum

Blake Rosenbaum

Hello, I will be leaving for basic training in 6 months and special operations school after that. I am wanting to be as mobile, injury resistant, and very high rep body weight capable as possible before I leave for basic. I understand a very good portion of the stuff here is slow and steady and can take a long time to get to but if someone could help me come up with a proper weekly program of what I should do and on which day I would very much appreciate it. I lack a good amount of understanding for programming all the classes into a solid plan. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Alessandro Mainente
13 hours ago, Blake Rosenbaum said:

Hello, I will be leaving for basic training in 6 months and special operations school after that. I am wanting to be as mobile, injury resistant, and very high rep body weight capable as possible before I leave for basic. I understand a very good portion of the stuff here is slow and steady and can take a long time to get to but if someone could help me come up with a proper weekly program of what I should do and on which day I would very much appreciate it. I lack a good amount of understanding for programming all the classes into a solid plan. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Hi Blake, i understand your request. But there is no short cut, you can get fast results and get injured or slow down the process and get healthy results.

At the moment specific suggestions on building a personalized program are out of the scope of this forum.

A specific program requires a face to face tutelage but simply because only by seeing a student i can see his body condition, mobility deficit, posture misalignment and so on.

Blake Rosenbaum
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Blake, i understand your request. But there is no short cut, you can get fast results and get injured or slow down the process and get healthy results.

At the moment specific suggestions on building a personalized program are out of the scope of this forum.

A specific program requires a face to face tutelage but simply because only by seeing a student i can see his body condition, mobility deficit, posture misalignment and so on.

Makes sense. Seeing your response, I think I need to rephrase/amend my question. How do you know what is too much? And I’ve seen on some of the big stretch ones he says once per week is enough, but how does that correlate to the other programs? Is there somewhere in this forum that says the amount of times per week each video should not exceed? I think I’m having a hard time getting my true question into words. Not looking to rush results. Trying to get the most out of the short amount of time I have. And not looking for i’s dotted and t’s crossed plan. Trying to get the “theory” for lack of a better word, behind the rules for knowing how to program the workouts yourself. Thanks for your help. 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Blake Rosenbaum said:

Makes sense. Seeing your response, I think I need to rephrase/amend my question. How do you know what is too much? And I’ve seen on some of the big stretch ones he says once per week is enough, but how does that correlate to the other programs? Is there somewhere in this forum that says the amount of times per week each video should not exceed? I think I’m having a hard time getting my true question into words. Not looking to rush results. Trying to get the most out of the short amount of time I have. And not looking for i’s dotted and t’s crossed plan. Trying to get the “theory” for lack of a better word, behind the rules for knowing how to program the workouts yourself. Thanks for your help. 

Unfortunately, if you want to understand the theory behind a logic of work you need to study tons of thing:

-programming strength training;

-periodizing bio-motor habilities;

-physiology;

-biomechanics;

-traumatology;

-sport biology;

-neurophysiology;

-functional anatomy;

-etc.

It is not easy because now after 10 years of training with coach Sommer and styling i can find and understand the logic line that correlates all the things.

now if your purpose is reaching some abilities you MUST trust a program or you can begin with personal study.

Every single program that works is about filling a circle into a square...with numbers...with logic so that everything makes sense in a simple context and then in the general context.

Blake Rosenbaum
15 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Unfortunately, if you want to understand the theory behind a logic of work you need to study tons of thing:

-programming strength training;

-periodizing bio-motor habilities;

-physiology;

-biomechanics;

-traumatology;

-sport biology;

-neurophysiology;

-functional anatomy;

-etc.

It is not easy because now after 10 years of training with coach Sommer and styling i can find and understand the logic line that correlates all the things.

now if your purpose is reaching some abilities you MUST trust a program or you can begin with personal study.

Every single program that works is about filling a circle into a square...with numbers...with logic so that everything makes sense in a simple context and then in the general context.

So until I know the theory I need to just hop around from video to video?