Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Programming Questions!

Bryan Stephens

Bryan Stephens

Hello GBs and GB community! I was hoping you might be able to answer some questions I have about GBs programming system and some personal supplementary programming questions I have to make my transition to mobility and flexibility a bit easier. Firstly, I am a stiff individual.. These mobility/ stretch routines are a new beast. I've spent 10 + years enjoying events in crossfit, olympic weightlifting, and triathlon and it definitely shows. I've decided to dedicate this year to improving my flexibility and mobility.

My first question is this:

1: If you've progressed to the next strength exercise by completing 9/9 steps but cannot complete the mobility cause you're stiff AF, should you stick with that step of strength until you progress? 

2: Should you stack A,B,C exercises? For instance, if I can do assisted squats and wish to go up in difficulty should I do assisted squats and parallel squats as well?

3: I'd like to continue to maintain my aerobic/ anaerobic engine. GBs doesn't really have any aerobic/ anaerobic work with it's main programming body. It's no doubt that some of this engine work has contributed to my stiffness, and my priority for this year is maximizing my flexibility and mobility. With this in mind, do you have any recommendations/ restrictions on how I should program my supplementary engine work? 

Thank you GBs and community! 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Bryan Stephens said:

Hello GBs and GB community! I was hoping you might be able to answer some questions I have about GBs programming system and some personal supplementary programming questions I have to make my transition to mobility and flexibility a bit easier. Firstly, I am a stiff individual.. These mobility/ stretch routines are a new beast. I've spent 10 + years enjoying events in crossfit, olympic weightlifting, and triathlon and it definitely shows. I've decided to dedicate this year to improving my flexibility and mobility.

My first question is this:

1: If you've progressed to the next strength exercise by completing 9/9 steps but cannot complete the mobility cause you're stiff AF, should you stick with that step of strength until you progress? 

2: Should you stack A,B,C exercises? For instance, if I can do assisted squats and wish to go up in difficulty should I do assisted squats and parallel squats as well?

3: I'd like to continue to maintain my aerobic/ anaerobic engine. GBs doesn't really have any aerobic/ anaerobic work with it's main programming body. It's no doubt that some of this engine work has contributed to my stiffness, and my priority for this year is maximizing my flexibility and mobility. With this in mind, do you have any recommendations/ restrictions on how I should program my supplementary engine work? 

Thank you GBs and community! 

Hi Brian, welcome to GB...here follows your answers:

1- yes , you must stay on the same element until IM and strength are mastered;

2-nope, you do only once exercise at a time, if you complete one element you are going to use it in the warmup;

3-aerobic means repetitive exercises and repetitive movements mean tissues adapting faster to contraction and of course restrictions. if aerobic means restrictions you simply have to choose your focus.