Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any vids that someone can post?

Guest ilove2workout28

Guest ilove2workout28

I need some help with my flexibility in my shoulders, triceps and biceps. I'm not too sure what I can do to REALLY loosen them up, especially the biceps which seem very tight when I try the back lever.

Daniel

I've never heard of stretching out the biceps and triceps. You could use a foam roller, lacrosse ball, or "the Stick".

For shoulders, look for stick dislocates, cuban presses and of course arm circles. I use light DB when I do arm circles. Foam Roll. Also look up Diesel Crew and Eric Cressey.

Neal Winkler

What do you mean Blair?

Biceps can be stretched by extending the elbow, extending the shoulder, and pronating the forearm. Triceps flexing the elbow and flexing the shoulder.

• 2 weeks later...
Animalonfire

I don't think the stretch has to be all that effective if you only need flexibility enough for a back lever.German hangs were all of the stretching I needed for a back lever, If that isn't enough you could try swinging, twisting (weight transfer), or adding weight at the ankles.

What do you need tricep flexibility for? If you don't mind my asking. All I can think of is nunchuck passes and escapology...

• 2 weeks later...
Coach Sommer
What do you need tricep flexibility for?

Tricep flexibility, an often overlooked component, is essential for maintaining both the health and ROM of the shoulder girdle.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman

Active release for everything surrounding the shoulder! Biceps and triceps especially if you feel tight there, because you probably have at least some adhesions that need to be broken up. Stretching can't do that. Look up self-myofascial release for biceps and triceps. If your biceps feel tight then you definitely need to break up adhesions in both the biceps and the forearms. Don't overlook brachialis.

My tricep flexibility is really crappy and definitely messes with my performance. Since the seminar I have started working on this and my other deficiencies and it makes a big difference! The trigger point and active release massage in San Diego was really what got the ball rolling! My shoulder doesn't hurt anymore! The first 45 minutes was spent JUST on my right bicep and triceps, and it made a world of difference!

Nick Van Bockxmeer

my right bicep always seems to get tight at the insertion at the shoulder. This tends to interfere with the pecs and front deltoid in pressing motions.