Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello and Thank You

Dan Moody

Hi all, I've been following the GB programs for several years now but this is my first time posting on the forum. Firstly I would like to say a huge thank you to Coach Sommer and the rest of the staff for providing such a fantastic curriculum as well as the vast pool of knowledge that is here in the forum created by both staff and users. 

As I mentioned, I have been steadily progressing through the curriculum for several years but then had to take almost a complete break from training due to purchasing a property that required some major renovation work and consumed me for almost two years! I decided to restart the Foundation series from scratch when I moved into my new home in April last year and thankfully progress has been steady and I am just about returning to the strength and mobility levels where I left off. If anything, the benefit of experience as well as being a few years older (and hopefully wiser!) has meant that I'm probably in a far better position than I would have been otherwise. I'm convinced that I've addressed weaknesses this time around that may have held me back further down the road if I had not had the opportunity to start again with fresh eyes. It's funny sometimes how things that are initially perceived as a complete negative often have hidden positives!

Anyway, I've been guilty previously of not making full use of the fantastic community here on the forums, particularly with regards to form checks etc. and so I plan to start recording elements of my training and posting them here for checks and guidance, as well as contributing wherever I can.

I'd also like to a say a thank you to everyone who contributes to the home made equipment section. One of the benefits for me doing the renovation work on my new home has been converting one of the bedrooms into a purpose built gym for the GB programs and I took a lot of inspiration from the ideas and equipment that were shared on the forum. I'd be more than happy to post photos/information on my setup if that be of benefit to anyone.

Once again many thanks and happy training all,

Dan

• Like 2