Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New flexibility exercises?

Jin Liu

Hi,

I purchased the flexibility courses a couple (?) years back, and have been doing them almost every week. I can feel significant improvement in some areas, while other areas are a bit more stubborn. Either way, I'm very happy with my progress. I recently tap into weightlifting (been training on and off), I can say mobility isn't an issue for me at all from the start! Because of this, I was able to learn proper technique fairly quickly. 

That said, since I've been doing the same stretching courses for a long time now (I remember all of the exercises by heart now, and usually do all of three series back to back), and I'm wondering if there might be some new and also challenging flexibility exercises in the future? Maybe doing something different might help my "stubborn" areas that are not improving as well as the other areas?

Just to brag a little :D, below is one of my weightlifting videos. I'm no pro athlete at all, never played a sport growing up, and currently have a desk job. But I can hit all the proper positions in that lift with no constraint in any joints: elbows, shoulders, wrists, hips, knees, or ankles. That was my max clean weight, and it felt easy in the first rep. The second rep was a bit struggle, but that's more related to strength. I can't be more grateful to the benefits healthy joints can provide. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

On 12/7/2019 at 4:25 PM, Jin Liu said:

Hi,

I purchased the flexibility courses a couple (?) years back, and have been doing them almost every week. I can feel significant improvement in some areas, while other areas are a bit more stubborn. Either way, I'm very happy with my progress. I recently tap into weightlifting (been training on and off), I can say mobility isn't an issue for me at all from the start! Because of this, I was able to learn proper technique fairly quickly. 

That said, since I've been doing the same stretching courses for a long time now (I remember all of the exercises by heart now, and usually do all of three series back to back), and I'm wondering if there might be some new and also challenging flexibility exercises in the future? Maybe doing something different might help my "stubborn" areas that are not improving as well as the other areas?

Just to brag a little :D, below is one of my weightlifting videos. I'm no pro athlete at all, never played a sport growing up, and currently have a desk job. But I can hit all the proper positions in that lift with no constraint in any joints: elbows, shoulders, wrists, hips, knees, or ankles. That was my max clean weight, and it felt easy in the first rep. The second rep was a bit struggle, but that's more related to strength. I can't be more grateful to the benefits healthy joints can provide. 

Hey Jin it depends on what are you are particularly locked and also if you can show the full range of motion in the current flexibility exercises of the stretch series.

4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Jin it depends on what are you are particularly locked and also if you can show the full range of motion in the current flexibility exercises of the stretch series.

While I have full range for some exercises, I definitely don't have full range for all exercises. My hamstrings are tougher. My palms can be way passed my feet in a pike, but my forehead can't touch my toes in any way (is that the full range?), and I'm not feeling I can achieve that by repeating the same strethes over and over. My hips are another tougher area. I'm pretty flat in a frog, but my hip is not open 180 degrees. Again, I'm not feeling I can achieve that by just holding a frog.

I'm not complaining, sorry if it sounded like that. When I started exercising at all, my finger tips couldn't reach the ground in a pike. From there to here today, I'm immensely grateful. My current range is more than enough for whatever sports I'd like to do. I'm also not trying to be a contortionist. But when I stretch with a coach at a gym, or a friend, there is always some new stretches working some muscles I never felt before. But the people I stretch with are usually not more flexible than me, and their stretching is not nearly as structured as Gymnasticbodies. So I'm wondering if there will be some new stretching exercises from GB, and maybe varieties will help my problem areas progress a bit more :) 

• Like 1

Alessandro Mainente

Well Ji, we can discuss solutions on the private forum of the front split course.