Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mobility for squat and deadlifts

Jorge Murguido 251702

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Jorge, for deadlift you do not need particular mobility, while, for the squat, if you can do a squat with feet together all the way down you have all the mobility of the ankle that it the biggest limiting factor.

Riccardo Zanello
21 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Jorge, for deadlift you do not need particular mobility, while, for the squat, if you can do a squat with feet together all the way down you have all the mobility of the ankle that it the biggest limiting factor.

Hello Alessandro

I cannot squat down at all. My butt stays up at 45 degrees above what would be if my thighs were parallel to the floor.

I suspect both ankles, lower back and hips are the problem. This is not directly addressed in F1.

Are there any assisting exercises I could try or should I just keep going through F1 and wait till it fixes itself?

Thank you

Riccardo

Alessandro Mainente

Honestly, i talk for my experience of plus than 12 years trying to improve the ankle mobility, at this type of deficit is solved the problem by using the weightlifting shoes for squat.

Riccardo Zanello
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Honestly, i talk for my experience of plus than 12 years trying to improve the ankle mobility, at this type of deficit is solved the problem by using the weightlifting shoes for squat.

So you suggest of using such shoes, but will barefoot mobility improve as a consequence?

thank you

Alessandro Mainente

maybe i wasn't enough clear....i the last 12 years i did all sort of ankles mobility with zero results.

Riccardo Zanello
1 minute ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

maybe i wasn't enough clear....i the last 12 years i did all sort of ankles mobility with zero results.

Ok so there is no hope to achieve full ROM in squat without weightlifting shoes?

Alessandro Mainente

I talk for my experience, no.

Also my brother same problem, no improvements.

I do not think it is an "approach" problem. because with the same methodology i have reached all the major goals like spits, bridge etc.

Riccardo Zanello
5 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I talk for my experience, no.

Also my brother same problem, no improvements.

I do not think it is an "approach" problem. because with the same methodology i have reached all the major goals like spits, bridge etc.

Ok so gotta buy those shoes. 

Thank you