Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Befores

Leigh Cambre

Leigh Cambre

Nothing to say here except to publicly shame myself in hopes that I will improve! I'm actually quite flexible in my upper body and extremely inflexible with my lower body. Very tight hamstrings and basically no middle split flexibility. I have high hopes for front split--just not sure how my middle split will fare as I think I may not be physically able to? Not sure?

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4502.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4508.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Leigh, i have worked with hundreds of people and for sure you are not the most inflexible!

what about the middle split: check out this link and try to do the test, if you pass it...you only need guidance and patience.

https://www.stadion.com/misconceptions-on-stretching-and-flexibility-and-the-method-of-testing-your-potential-to-do-a-side-split/

• Upvote 1

Kathryn A Werback

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm just getting started and it's nice to have someone in the same boat. I know coach says to think long term of six months or more...but doesn't anyone have any good flexibility gates or timelines? Smaller wins to hold onto while convincing these tight muscles to loosen.

Alessandro Mainente

Unfortunately no, because the more you sty away from the full range of motion the more the joint becomes locked, the joint capsule gets tighter and so on. take me as an example. for restoring my spine extension i needed 10 years.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
Oussama KHELLADI

no shame to that man with consistent work it will become history :) just dont rush it good luck