Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Restarting Again - Foundations or All Access

Joshua Stevens

Joshua Stevens

I purchased Foundations One and Handstand last year (prior to subscription models being available). Sadly I got injured and have been off training for a year.  I would like to get back into GST but it seems the setup on GB has changed significantly and an 'All Access' subscription is being pushed.  Should I start where I left off with F1 and HS1, or does the monthly subscription provide a much more rounded approach? (I did feel like F1 and HS1 were lacking in some areas).

Happy to go down the subscription model for my progress, would just be unfortunate if I have now wasted several hundred dollars on buying individual plans in the past..

Edit - I have just opted for the 7 day trial and seen that with the exception of Foundation, everything else is a video series and you can't log your workout. For example, I loaded the recommended schedule for Level 1 Week 8, and Elements came up, yes this a video only - no way to log progress.  Seems a little pointless? Even Level 4 Week 8 doesn't seem as hard as the foundations course.  I am extremely confused, and want to get back into training quickly, and progress fast (since I am fit). 

Matthew Walker

If you choose Level 1, 2, 3 or 4 plans you can see that those plans use the Foundation courses along with some newly added workouts for mobility/strength in the schedule as well as the stretch series. You'll still always have access to the courses you purchased in the past so you didn't waste money. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente
41 minutes ago, Matthew Walker said:

If you choose Level 1, 2, 3 or 4 plans you can see that those plans use the Foundation courses along with some newly added workouts for mobility/strength in the schedule as well as the stretch series. You'll still always have access to the courses you purchased in the past so you didn't waste money. 

thank you sir.

Joshua Stevens
2 hours ago, Matthew Walker said:

You'll still always have access to the courses you purchased in the past so you didn't waste money. 

Right - but you don't need to have purchased Foundation One / Handstand to be able to view them with All Access, so in essence you no longer need to purchase these outright now as you can access them via the subscription. Does that make sense?

Given I have purchased them, I am wondering how much more value the monthly subscription offers? My understanding Foundations is the main part training program for GST?

Matthew Walker
19 hours ago, Joshua Stevens said:

Given I have purchased them, I am wondering how much more value the monthly subscription offers? My understanding Foundations is the main part training program for GST?

I bought Foundation 1-4, HS1/2 and Movement about 2 years ago and ended up injuring both of my arms horribly (unrelated incident, not from GB training). I just basically reset from scratch a little while ago and I ended up coming back to GB and getting the all access thing after a while of debating with myself and going back and forth about it.

In the end I decided that it's worth it because I like to be able to access anything whenever I feel like it. They have a good collection of videos/classes along with the existing Foundation, Handstand, Movement, Rings, etc. courses and they add new ones frequently and are always improving the interface. The scheduling feature is very nice as well. 

But in the end value is 100% subjective. You'd just have to decide if you like it or not and if it's worth the price.