Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Made in Canada Stall Bars

Bill Marr

After more than two and a half years with GST, I finally installed stall bars in my basement gym...and man, what a difference maker. I researched various types and brands of stall bars extensively before buying and wow, did I find an incredible set. Manufactured in Canada by Northern Lights, they are sold in Fitness Depot stores throughout Canada and now in Texas. Here's why they are a terrific option for anyone considering installing a set at home:

1.  This is one hefty set of equipment. Made of heavy duty metal, the entire assembly weighs well over 200 lbs. The unit is 90” tall, and features 43" wide bars with 6”  spacing from the center. The bars have a diameter of 1.25".
  2.  They are easy to assemble, with excellent instructions. Once installed, nothing budges a millimeter.
  3.  The top bar is comfortably offset, making for strict leg raises and windshield wipers.
  4.  By raising the installation of the bars on 1.5" of rubber matting, I have more foot clearance from the floor...plus have the clearance for doing Reverse Natural Leg Curls. My hamstrings have never been stronger since doing these on a near-daily basis.
  5. And the price. This stall bar set is incredibly well priced. For most Canadians, shipping will be negligible since Fitness Depot locations are spread right across the country and can be picked up there. The cost of the bars is $628 CAD ($488 USD). I see little difference between these bars and those made by Rogue, which are priced at $994 CAD right now plus a hefty delivery charge out of the US.

Any fellow Canadians (or Americans living in Dallas or Houston) considering stall bars for home, give these a hard look. You won't be disappointed. BTW...I have no affiliation whatsoever with the manufacturer or retailer. Just a very satisfied product user.

ZKSTALLB90.jpg

• Upvote 2