Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrists

erikmckinley

erikmckinley

I have problems in my wrists where they pop when I rotate them.

I also recently have discovered that I have forearm pain on the (ulnar?) side. It's worse on the left, but both forearms have the problem. They hurt the most during planche holds.

I recognize that this means I am training too hard for my skill level, so I've cut out the planche work.

I have a rice bucket so I can do various exercises with that, I also have a wrister roller, and I have been doing the two variations on push-ups that coach mentioned on another thread.

I also have the CoC trainer, and the CoC number 1 grippers... I can't close the number 1 gripper... sadly. I'd like to be able to close that consistantly, but I don't feel like my wrists have really ever made any real improvements.

I have a couple of questions.

Can someone give me an example of how often I should be exercising my wrists and forearms?

I have all these different tools at my disposal, but I don't want to overdo it.

I feel like the rice bucket has helped lessen the ulnar problems, but it still needs time to be fully corrected.

My wrists pop when I straighten my wrists during wrist push-ups (and this is while I'm on my knees.) Is this something that should go away with time, and proper execution focused on avoiding popping?

Is it better to do a little bit of wrist stretching and exercising a day, or should it be done more moderately intense every other day?

For the CoC #1 it would be best to get the trainer to work up to it or try doing negatives where you force the gripper closed against your leg.

I use the rice bucket twice a week for 2 sets each workout, then usually follow that by gripper work but I'm going to be starting a program soon that has you working them every day gtg style. How often you can train is going to depend on your work capacity, genetics and all that. You'll probably have to experiment to find what works best for you but I would recommend 2-3 times a week.

erikmckinley

Yeah. I've have a problem with weak wrists for a while...

I want to become a chef, and I need to have healthy wrists in the future.

I just want to make sure I'm not doing too much, or doing too little.

erikmckinley

Lately, I have been having pain in my wrists from doing wrist push-ups. The pain is located on the radial side of my forearm, and is pronounced when I actively perform radial deviation.

The pain is in this general area in the center:

http://www.davidlnelson.md/IMAGES/wrist_outline.jpg

I'm not sure whether the pain means that the push-ups are damaging to my body, or if it just means I'm not used to them yet.

Any advice?

Lately, I have been having pain in my wrists from doing wrist push-ups. The pain is located on the radial side of my forearm, and is pronounced when I actively perform radial deviation.

The pain is in this general area in the center:

http://www.davidlnelson.md/IMAGES/wrist_outline.jpg

I'm not sure whether the pain means that the push-ups are damaging to my body, or if it just means I'm not used to them yet.

Any advice?

Cut back some.

You don't want to do any damage to the scaphoid as it has poor blood supply.

Loosen up your flexors and extensors with massage. Do range of motion work and some light stretching.

Then maybe after a bit go back to wrist pushups and such... perhaps rice bucket as an alternative if that does not work.