Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is maltese a progresion from back lever?

halluites

i manage back lever now, and i want to move on to something harder. should i just move on to maltese?

second question: when i manage maltese, is ians the next move?

Back lever, front lever, adv tuck/straddle planche, all but the last manna progression

cross, rings planches, full planche, manna, OAC/OAP (if you so desire)

maltese, inverted cross, victorian, etc.

You should, in general, complete all of the skills on your tier before moving up just so you have the necessary base to not destroy you body. Each tier generally takes anywhere from 1-3 or more years.

Back lever, front lever, adv tuck/straddle planche, all but the last manna progression

cross, rings planches, full planche, manna, OAC/OAP (if you so desire)

maltese, inverted cross, victorian, etc.

You should, in general, complete all of the skills on your tier before moving up just so you have the necessary base to not destroy you body. Each tier generally takes anywhere from 1-3 or more years.

ive been working on these skills for the last year: front lever, back lever, glute-ham raise, planche, iron cross, human flag, ab-roll out, handstand pushups, one-arm pushusp, one-arm dips, manna and one-arm chins.

i currently manage front lever, back lever, ab-roll out, planche and iron cross, one-legged squat, handstand pushups, one-arm pushups. currently working on 90-degree pushups as well since i recently did manage to do a full planche. i have just started working on wrist pushups.

i used to do these exercises as well: hanging bicepscurl in rings (hanging upside down), upside down iron cross (to hit the middle head of the deltoids). dont see the need for them anymore, so i dropped them.

takes time, but i have no doubt i will master every exercise mention above. like i told, i manage back lever now, so im thinking of progress to maltese. when i master the maltese, i will move on to ians (planning on doing a combo of back lever to maltese to ians).

If you've completed what you say you've completed then I see no reason why you shouldn't start working maltese if your elbows can handle the stress.

If you've completed what you say you've completed then I see no reason why you shouldn't start working maltese if your elbows can handle the stress.

hm ok. i havent done anything fancy, just been practisins the movements until i got it. lots of eccentric reps etc. havent even warmed up before workuts lol

John Sapinoso
havent even warmed up before workuts lol

you shouldn't warm up before working malteses. it's best to do them completely cold and 1st thing of the day. i'd suggest you add weight as well since you're so strong. it's just a waste of five to ten minutes to prepare your muscles and joints.

irongymnast
ive been working on these skills for the last year: front lever, back lever, glute-ham raise, planche, iron cross, human flag, ab-roll out, handstand pushups, one-arm pushusp, one-arm dips, manna and one-arm chins.

I don't understand how you managed to get planche and iron cross in 1 year.

Crimsoncross

i currently manage front lever, back lever, ab-roll out, planche and iron cross, one-legged squat, handstand pushups, one-arm pushups. currently working on 90-degree pushups as well since i recently did manage to do a full planche. i have just started working on wrist pushups.

i used to do these exercises as well: hanging bicepscurl in rings (hanging upside down), upside down iron cross (to hit the middle head of the deltoids). dont see the need for them anymore, so i dropped them.

takes time, but i have no doubt i will master every exercise mention above. like i told, i manage back lever now, so im thinking of progress to maltese. when i master the maltese, i will move on to ians (planning on doing a combo of back lever to maltese to ians).

So you can do a FL, a BL, a planche, an iron cross, HSPU, and you haven't made any size gains you say?

Neal Winkler

halluties,

You've been doing this stuff for one year and you can do an inverted cross? Vid or pic?

halluties,

You've been doing this stuff for one year and you can do an inverted cross? Vid or pic?

no, i quitted that exercise a long time ago

So you can do a FL, a BL, a planche, an iron cross, HSPU, and you haven't made any size gains you say?

dont think ive been eating enough. just made gains in strenght, but im currently working on a diet with more protein, fat, carbs and calories.

planche dont require much from recovery, so i practiced it every day. got it after like 7-8 months. every other exercise i did twice a week. i started training every exercise every second day, but i didnt gain much strength.

and i didnt to all the fancy stuff to work up to a planche like many i do, i just practiced the planche every day.

Crimsoncross
and i didnt to all the fancy stuff to work up to a planche like many i do, i just practiced the planche every day.

What fancy stuff?

I don't get it. If you have done all of this stuff in just one year, then you should be a to world rings men if you trained from all of your life.....Ok I've done iron cross at first try but still I had a very good basic strength from training and had 12 strict MUs at the year of cca. 10, 30 pull ups,...

Btw back lever is nothing compared to a maltese not even 10%.

planche dont require much from recovery, so i practiced it every day. got it after like 7-8 months. every other exercise i did twice a week. i started training every exercise every second day, but i didnt gain much strength.

If this is true I'm impressed.

But I think I would only believe it wtih some visual evidence :\