Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand strength

pauley

I dont have very good handstand strength and want to increase it vastly whats the ebst way to train my max HS against wall is a measly 35 secs do i do ten mins worth of handstands with rest or 12 cycles of 30 secs with 45 secs rest inbetween

Charles Weill

Since you are aiming for handstand strength and cannot hold a 60s handstand, I would work it like a FSP. Divide 35 by two and you have get ~15s. Do 4x15s per workout with your stomach against the wall (for added difficulty) with 45-90s of rest between sets. Then when you can hold your HS for 40s change to 3x20s etc until you get to 60s. Then when you can do 10minutes of holds and work it more like a skill.

How is your HS form? Are your shoulders all the way open too?

Thanks i was thinking this aswell with deviding it by two but my handstands are ok i worked on my form i always believe form should be first thing worked at before you start properly training any excercise. My hands are always shoulder width apart.

Alvaro Antolinez

Try wall runs they will improve greatly your handstand strenght.

I am a little scared to try wall runs incase i get a mouth full of floor but i'll have a go at them.

• 2 months later...

Well, once you've held a hand stand for as long as possible and really are so overwhelmed with fear that you don't feel you could possible continue...

Maybe doing some dumbbell military pressing? You could use lighter weights, possibly increasing endurance would help in future attempts.

Or conversely, maybe doing some chinups to help relax your shoulders and triceps so that you recover faster for another attempt?