Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New (Lurker) Looking to get started!

Chase Barch

Hello everyone!

My name is Chase, I work with technology and generally the past few years have held a (8 hour a day) desk job.  I am completely NOT flexible at all. I picked up the fundamentals a while back and have lurked for quite some time, but I believe now is the time for me to get started.

I do not have any professional aspirations for gymnastics, but I have always been very impressed by the strength shown by gymnasts, and I know core strength and flexibility are of great value to health and longevity. And who doesn't want to work towards a better physical form in the time being as well? I also take part in martial arts and my severe inflexibility has hindered my training greatly.  It would be really cool to eventually (one day in a galaxy far far away haha) be able to do the splits (either direction or both would work; I digress baby steps though). I've started doing yoga for stress relief, but my flexibility hinders that as well.

I have recently pushed myself to be more active and have started a quite successful gym weightlifting routine, but I know again core strength and flexibility help with recovery and injury prevention. Would it benefit me to hold off on the Fundamentals Course and do the Stretching course first for mobility's sake or is the Fundamentals course the starting point for everything Gymnastics Bodies provides?

Thanks for your time and I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

Chase

Pauline Taube

Hi Chase,

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Fundamentals would definetely be the best starting point. This course is a gentle introductory course to GST and will help you assess your body. It’s also a great way to discover weaknesses and imbalances before moving on to the other courses.

You may add the Stretch series to your schedule while doing the Fundamentals course. But definetely get started with Fundamentals as soon as you can :) 

Feel free to reach out again at any time if you have further questions! 

• Like 3