Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stretch Series frequency

Julian Gonzalez

Julian Gonzalez

I am interested in purchasing the Stretch Series because I am fed up with how inflexible I am. I see that the course recommends doing the follow along video once a week. I am not an expert, but that does not seem like it is enough for someone as inflexible as me. Am I wrong? Is it recommended that I do the video more than once a week? Is this a strong enough substitute for yoga? Please provide me with more information.

• Like 1

Pauline Taube

Hi Julian,

Thanks for reaching out and great question!

We do not recommend to do the stretch series more than once a week to begin with. Sometimes less is more. If you are very inflexible it's even more important to give your body time to recover in between the sessions and let your body gradually adapt to the new movements. Same goes for strength, you can't start lifting heavy every day just because you need to increase your strength. As Coach Sommer says: "slow is the fast way". You didn't get inflexible over night, and it will require patience and consist work in order to solve these problems. 

Start off with the Stretch series once a week to begin with. After you've worked through them, you can pick a couple of the stretches you have most trouble with and create a daily limber of these (light stretch sequence). Stretching hard every day is NOT recommended and will most likely lead to injuries. 

Feel free to share your flexibility progress with us in the forum. Please let us know if you have any further questions, we are always here to help :) 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Benjamin Nutt
On 12/13/2017 at 12:26 PM, Pauline Taube said:

Hi Julian,

Thanks for reaching out and great question!

We do not recommend to do the stretch series more than once a week to begin with. Sometimes less is more. If you are very inflexible it's even more important to give your body time to recover in between the sessions and let your body gradually adapt to the new movements. Same goes for strength, you can't start lifting heavy every day just because you need to increase your strength. As Coach Sommer says: "slow is the fast way". You didn't get inflexible over night, and it will require patience and consist work in order to solve these problems. 

Start off with the Stretch series once a week to begin with. After you've worked through them, you can pick a couple of the stretches you have most trouble with and create a daily limber of these (light stretch sequence). Stretching hard every day is NOT recommended and will most likely lead to injuries. 

Feel free to share your flexibility progress with us in the forum. Please let us know if you have any further questions, we are always here to help :) 

To build on this, I like the Daily Limber from the Fundamentals series. In order to spend more time with my weak points, I picked 2-3 stretches where I need extra attention and doubled the time I'd spend there. I spend 15-30 seconds on each stretch in the limber, but I do the Pancake and Seated Shoulder Extension for 60s because those are easily my weak points.

• Like 2