Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Single leg squats and lower back soreness

Amebix138

Lumbar flexion.

I have been flexing pretty hard actually, it seems to make the movement stronger. So I guess I need to keep my back straighter. Any tips for that?

I did a little reading and decided that box single leg squats might be better for me right now. I have a question though: Is it possible to do full ROM box SLS and as a result not need as much lumbar flexion?

Thanks.

The question is: is it necessesarily bad that your lower back is sore after SLS? For me it actually helped my lower back pain.

Charles Weill

When I first start Pistols/SLS last summer, I had back soreness above my pelvis in my lower back that worried me, even with only partial ROM--my upper leg didn't even reach horizon. The SLS requires a lot of forward leaning and reaching with your arm especially as you reach just below horizontal. After a few months the soreness went away. After 7 months of practice, I can now do the SLS with full ROM though only with 3 reps per set because of the strength requirement. Though you may achieve your desired results sooner than that.

But this isnt muscle soreness, this is joint soreness. Is that what you experienced schlaff, joint soreness? I would like to just keep working it and not change anything but I dont want to end up injured. Its an uncomfortable feeling.

Charles Weill
Is that what you experienced schlaff, joint soreness?

Yes, I was distinctively not muscle soreness from stretching. That's why it worried me at first. It went away eventually, and I do not beleive it has caused me any troubles now. I'm not sure at what point it stopped because I wasn't keeping a workout log at the time.

I took it easy with SLS and stopped doing GTG with them, and eventually the sensation stopped. Try doing them only once or twice a week maybe in conjuction with a good morning stretch to relax your hamstrings.