Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planches / Front levers

pauley

I have a problem where i have no planche strength at all i mean i can only hold 15 sec frog stand which is shocking but i can hold a ten sec flat tucked front lever how do i further planche progression?

Work on your upper body bent arm strength in conjunction with planche leans and frogstands.

Based on that data, you are strong in your middle but probably do not have a lot of strength BW-wise up top. Or you could have really long levers, big legs or just be a big guy.

Charles Weill
[quote name=matt=>]... Is it just me or do most people get messed up/sore wrists from planche training? ...

There are actually several interacting issues which can lead to an increased incidence wrist issues:

1) Beginning PL work prior to having a solid L-sit. This is key.

2) Failing to train with only 50% of your current PL static hold max.

3) Attempting too much intensity, too soon.

4) Insuffienct wrist prehab.

5) Insufficient recovery.

Bottom line; if your wrists feel as though they are not yet ready for PL work, they aren't. My recommendation is to refocus your efforts on developing a rock solid L-sit prior to engaging once more in rigorous PL training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

You may find this information useful if you are having trouble with the planche. Most of us who have trouble with the planche at first also have wrist issues caused by the planche later. If you follow Coach's advice by doing L-Sits I guarantee that you will make leaps in PL strength gains without injuries.

If you don't have the ability to do an L-sit, you won't be able to tuck in your legs in the air during the tuck planche.

i can L sit it feels when i do planches or attempt them that it's the back of my shoulders?

will handstands help atall my handstand against te wall is shokcing at best 35 secs my friend who trains with me is at 1.20