Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strength

Robert Charlton

Robert Charlton

Hello all :D,

i am training mainly for strength, but also want gains, which are very hard with my body type, so i try to eat alot. To help i also use contrast showers and try and get alot of protein.

Recently i made a new workout, but first to give you an idea of were i am at. i can do:

-30 sec tuck planche on rings

-5 sec adv. tuck planche on rings

-adv. tuck lever 15 sec on rings

-10 full dips

-10 normal pullups

-5 tuck planche push-ups

-5 nose to ground HPSU facing the wall.

-10 sec L-Sit

My goals are the planche, and FSHSPU on rings, aswell as front lever, and straddle l press handstand

My workout is as follows:

-6 x 10s L sit

-6 x 10s Tuck/adv. Tuck planche

-6x10s ADV. Front Lever

-6x10s HS on rings

-5x3 TPPU

-3X3 Ring flys

-5x5 Front lever pullups in adv tuck

-5 assisted muscle ups

-5x4 lowers from HS to tuck PL

That is Mon, Wed, Fri, on other days i do KB's.

Please tell me how to change it to better suit my goals, and possibly attain better hypertrophy?

Any Help Is Much Appreciated!!!!!

:D Thankyou

Ok you have 4 dedicated pushing movements, and 2 pulling movements and one that is both. You are going to develop shoulder imbalances which will likely stunt your training, and can possibly devolve to shoulder pain. Even this out.

If you want to do a straddle press you need more flexibility work and compression work. You can only hold L-sit for 10s? You definitely need compression work and flexibility.

For example, I don't think you need the rings flys right now as there is nothing in your goals to which they would help as significantly as something like pseudo planche pushups on rings... or upping the volume a bit if you can on the tuck planche pushups or longer tuck holds on rings (if they're not to failure).

This may help or it may not if you're still confused.

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/03/t ... -training/

IMHO that was a great, great article, Braindx.

Thanks. I tried to compile most of what I know that works for beginners (and the progressions they should be working on) into one article.

I find it odd your planche work is to the point of where it is while your L-sit is so low in contrast and your degree of bent arm strength. Perhaps that has to do that you haven't trained your L-sit that much so your hip flexors are the weak point or perhaps you are built fairly light or with short levers.

Charles Weill
Thanks. I tried to compile most of what I know that works for beginners (and the progressions they should be working on) into one article.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It makes so much sense now. It's now bookmarked for quick reference. :)

Crimson, you mentioned one of your goals is straddle-L press HS. This means you should program in some straddle-L work besides some progression of HS Leglifts (while inverted). Whether this is in a headstand, elevated headstand, bent arm HS, or HS in straddle or pike- they should be done.

You could alternate your L-sit work with straddle-L work. Work seated pike and straddle leg lifts in your WU and put in some of the press HS progressions after your WU as skill work. If you had enough left in you after the FSP and FBE's, you could put the press HS work as a finisher. This depends on whether you can do them afterward but you could be too taxed.