Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anatomy Trains/Fascial release

Christopher Hancox

Christopher Hancox

Hi,

Has anyone read Tom Myers book, Anatomy Trains? Anyone had any facial release work done i.e. Rolfing techniques used to any great effect.

Fascia seems to be becoming talked about more and more within fitness circles and much more weight has been given to its importance in postural analysis and injury prehab.

I wondered what people's experiences were with its success and how effective it is proving to be.

Thanks!

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi Christopher,

I didn't read this book but I heard it's a really good ressource and had even been recommended to me.

I've been foam rolling for a while now and it worked pretty for me.  I feel less stiff and helps on the stretches. 

I would suggest you to start with a smoother foam roller if you want to try.  It could be too intense at the beginning if you throw yourself too much right away.

• Like 1

Douglas Wadle

It's a ground breaking book and I enjoyed reading it and learned a lot.  However, can't say it helped me with my mobility, per se.  It's more of a guide for manual practitioners and physical therapists.  Great resource, but I think you'll be disappointed if using it for your own mobility, unless you really have an academic interest in the subject.  You might find his student's book "born to walk" an interesting read as well.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Étienne Lajeunesse
3 minutes ago, Douglas Wadle said:

You might find his student's book "born to walk" an interesting read as well.  

Is it more suitable for everyone? :)

Christopher Hancox

Thanks for the input guys. I will have a look into "born to walk".

Just come across Naudi Aguilars book, the power of posture. His work and attitude seems a bit controversial though.

Étienne Lajeunesse
10 minutes ago, Christopher Hancox said:

Just come across Naudi Aguilars book, the power of posture. His work and attitude seems a bit controversial though.

I got this book on PDF.  It's a step by step myofascial release for posture.  I used it for a while, but now I use it only as a reference for tight spots to massage.

• Upvote 1

Douglas Wadle
20 hours ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

Is it more suitable for everyone? :)

It's by James Earl.  It is written more for the lay population but has some interesting information in it.  More digestible than the larger/denser "anatomy trains" for the general population.  It's subtitle is "myofascial efficiency and the body in movement"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1