Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 years of planche preperation

Nicolas Lukas

Nicolas Lukas

Hello, it´s been two years that I work on planche leans, tuck planches, advanced tuck planches, L-sit to tuck planche press and handstand to tuck planche negatives. I worked 3 times a week on average, but I cannot make progress to the straddle planche. Aren´t two years of preperation enough for starting straddle planche training?

Mark Schoenhard

How's your medial glute strength and mobility? If not sure, check out Foundations. I'm sure you are prepping hard, but are you prepping the right way?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Nicolas, the truth is that the time you spend on a skill it is not enough to define the level of preparation. on the other side, the process you have followed does.  this means that you can train planche on yourself for 4 years and never get enough preparation. from my perspective with 85 kg BW and bad weight distribution bases make the difference. they represent a difference when you need to make harder workout due to your body characteristics. without a solid base you cannot recover in between workouts, you tendons tend to suffer especially on the ulnar side and so on.

• Upvote 1

Nicolas Lukas

The strange side is that I never had any elbow or biceps tendon soreness, everything was painless and I never injured myself. The problem is maybe my bodyweight of nearly 85 kg and a height of 185 cm which is not good in terms of achieving a full planche. My weight distribution is also not good because I have muscular glutes and big legs, but somehow there must be a way to make progress. My L sits are also not good (10 seconds in sets of 5), should I work on them first before moving on to planche training? Should I also back off a bit and train maybe 2 times a week or take a deload?

Edited by Nicolas Lukas

Alessandro Mainente

HI NIcolas, I think that you and I are very similar and a decent straddle planche it is a possible goal. but you need high volume on the basic skill like 30 seconds on tuck planche. all this journey it is completely shown in the foundations course.

• Like 1