Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sacroiliac pain from PPP?!

Daniel Jorgensen

Daniel Jorgensen

Hi,

I'm currently having some sewere low back pain. My chiropractor says it is a tissue issue( :lol: ) and she exclude the possibility of disk problems (as sure as you can be without scan).

I came to thick of that: before I started regular gymnastic conditioning I experienced problems from PPP's (did them a few times). The problems was like heavy tension in the low back typically in one side with quite a lot of pain in trunk and lateral flexion and worst in straight back hip flexion (all standing)

Have any of you experienced the same thing?

I'm asking because I came to think that my current problem might come from build-up tension with these "full body" presses or static positions.

Coach Sommer

Issues of this nature generally arise from one of two reasons; the skill is being performed incorrectly or you are not yet physically ready to perform this element. In this instance, my suspicion is that it is a combination of the two. You are probably performing the PPP with your lower back arched rather than hollow with the hips tucked under. This is position is necessary to provide support for the lower back.

In addition, it sounds as though your lower back strength needs to be increased prior to your engaging in more vigorous straight body elements.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Jorgensen

Thanks!

At this point my ppp technique is fine (when I do them on walls I still arch after second rep). On back strength, my deadlift isn't very good, but Gregor mentions somewhere that 15kg.(35lbs) in lying RLL is sufficient back strength for a planche. I fairly easy complete 3x8 at that weight. (Well, that is untill my back problems worsened :()

But yeah - it might be an issue of overuse due to lack of capacity. For now i'm sticking with weighted dips, chins and pullups until I have my physio appointment after easter.