Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Introduction

Augusto Juarez

Augusto Juarez

Hello, everyone. Longtime lurker, finally gathering up the guts to post. I'm a trainer located in Orlando, FL. Activity of choice is BJJ. My introduction to "gymnastics" was through CrossFit.

My introduction to GB was through the Planche/Front Lever Progression article from Dragon Door in 2011 while I was on deployment. I had a pair of rings and parallettes and eventually worked up to Front Lever Pull-ups, and Tuck Planches (on parallettes). I purchased Foundation last October, then Handstand 1 and Movement 1 a few months after, and have been hitting most skills at least once a week (although lately I've been making every excuse to skip SL). I seem to have an especially hard time with handstands for some reason, particularly with balancing.

Anyway, good to be here. Looking to attend a seminar sometime, hopefully next year.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Augusto,

It's great to have you officially on board. Feel free to reach out to us at any time with any questions or concerns you might have. We are happy to help! I also recommend taking advantage of the Form Check portion of your course forums. We're looking forward to seeing your progress!

• Like 1

Augusto Juarez
10 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Augusto,

It's great to have you officially on board. Feel free to reach out to us at any time with any questions or concerns you might have. We are happy to help! I also recommend taking advantage of the Form Check portion of your course forums. We're looking forward to seeing your progress!

Thank you, Jeffrey. I'll definitely be utilizing those. I've mostly been consulting with [former schoolmate] @Leo Trinidad, and I'm not sure whether I should be trusting him... :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Leo Trinidad

Hi and welcome aboard @Augusto Juarez :)

I can teach you better in person definitely :P 
Anyway, if you have doubts about your form, better post it for video review/form check. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1