Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

one finger handstand

Alvaro Antolinez

Animalonfire

Personally I think that it's a fake. He's the only one in the world ever to have accomplished it(as mentioned by the subtitles), and he's doing it casually for thirty seconds? And we can't see clearly beyond his feet, he only needs one decent bit of rope to hold him that wouldn't necessarily cast a shadow because there are two light sources (two monk shadows on the wall). I'm also sceptical about his being a hardcore Buddhist using artificial light from a source that doesn't flicker(like a candle).

On the other hand the film crew might have wanted it, and not wanted to zoom out to far because it's a pretty old film and TV's weren't all that big "back in the day".

However I'm not convinced that this is genuine at all. I'm curious as to what other people think.

Chris Hansen

I've seen it done live on stage. The guy wrapped a cord around his finger, to help support it I suppose, but he did it without a wall.

Animalonfire
I've seen it done live on stage. The guy wrapped a cord around his finger, to help support it I suppose, but he did it without a wall.

To be honest I'm sceptical about that also.I'm not denying that it might be possible with proper training and bucket loads of talent, but the balance alone would be incredible. I'm just not prepared to believe it until I see it under specific circumstances.

Proper lighting can easily make a chord that is easily capable of suspending a person virtually impossible to see.

One of many examples:(edit:"levitation" starts at about 1:40)wChk5nY3Kzg I just don't think that it would be difficult for him (or anyone else) to put a finger on the floor whilst "levitating".

Guest Ido Portal

After hearing stories about the Chinese faking gymnast's training ages (Faking birth certificates and presenting them as younger than they really are, in order for them to enter a lower age class and get an edge on other competitors in international competitions), false Chi performances and other fake presentations I think one should approach their material with some suspicion... (Although they are still producing the most amazing feats of acrobatics and gymnastics the world has ever seen, none the less)

This, however, looks to be real:

2fingers.gif

Ido.

Joshua Naterman

Considering the fairly large angle, the low body weight of the man, the fact that he may have literally been doing this for his whole life, and upon close inspection the fact that at the end they actually do zoom out enough to show his feet, on a white wall, with a very clear foot outline and not even a hint of anything attached, I think it's fair to say the OP could definitely be real.

Alvaro Antolinez

I don´t see that his arm is getting much tension, even if you look at his shoulder he is quite relaxed, but you can see his legs supporting part of his weight against the wall(bending from the hips). You don´t see him pushing or discending to/from support, so IMHOthere can be a bar to the wall going down from his feet behind his legs to his waist where he actually can be hanged by someone. Not to difficult to perform and no shades to hide. :D

On the other side the Shaolin monk doing 2 finger handstand, that one I think is real, actually you can see his finger vibrating with and bending quite a lot from the effort.There is other video where he can mantain it for some time but suporting his legs to a bar no freestanding. Incredible any way :shock:.

Joshua Naterman

I agree, the arm and finger looks oddly relaxed. That's what I have the biggest concern over, but I won't rule out the possibility. I've seen one finger go through multiple boards in person, and that's pretty crazy too.

i think its real... but it looks like a still picture that that they zoom in and out of... just my two cents...

Alvaro Antolinez

I thought that at first but it is a video, if you look Carefully You can see him moving slightly