Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

wrist pain with wrist push ups

Amebix138

I really want to improve my wrist strength and so I've set my sights on Coach Sommers wrist series. The problem is the wrist push ups hurt, quite a bit actually. Has anyone else experienced pain with wrist push ups, and if you did, did you find a solution?

Thank you,

Amebix

Hi!

As soon as I realised how weak my wrists were, I started doing wrist pushups. This was 3-4 weeks ago. At first, I couldn't event support my weigth in the pushup position (yes, with knees), so I followed coach sommer's tip and piked a little during the pushups. It helps a lot in the begining as it puts some of your weigth on the legs instead of the wrists. Now I'm able to do 5 sets of 10 rep of wrist pushups with knees, with a good execution. Soon I hope to be able to perform them wihtout the knees.

Just keep trying hard, and you will improve! Take care to not get hurt!

Good luck.

One variation i've been trying with some success is to start at a wall and move down to a chair etc. I'm not sure its Coach approved but i find it more satisfying as i can do the full movement 'correctly and by finding the just right height to work from get more work from my wrists than just being on the knees.