Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche difficulties

Levente Horváth

Levente Horváth

Hello guys,

My height is 170 cm and my weight is 56,5 kg.

I'm training planche almost a year now and I can't seem to make it, I stuck at straddle planche and the only time I held a full planche was when I was ill and not trained for a week.

Usually I am training every day for shoulder, planche and recently started to work with weights to speed up the process.

Actually after every workout I don't feel any muscle soreness only like something that comes from very deep, my shoulder is always popping and hurts like hell when I try to attempt a planche but I can't stop working out.

Well this is all I wanted to say, and I don't know if I need a rest how much, because as I mentoined above when I took a week rest I felt insanely weak and slow but I managed to hold it...

Luke Searra

1) Levente, are you using Foundations to train?

2) You are probably mildly injured and over training

3) If you get better results with more rest, rest more, you can train with other elements from Foundations, Handstands or Stretch

4) It does not matter how you mentally feel if you hold the full planche you are still stronger

• Upvote 1

Levente Horváth

I used foundations but not anymore and I went to a masseur and she also said I have (something that I don't know in English) in my triceps, back and my chest and after the massage I really felt better. 

Also is that normal when I'm doing dumbbell flies with 6 kg my elbow hurts inside, and I don't feel tired at all, do I need to strenghten the joints first and move to bigger weights or simply my technique is bad?

Alessandro Mainente

Pain means a structure which is not ready for a certain type of intensity, quite a simple. 

my suggestion it is step back and build up your joint with foundations.

• Upvote 2

Levente Horváth

Okay thank you for the answers,

I rest for this week and write back with the results.

• Upvote 1

Levente Horváth

I am back, started to warm up before exercises and stretch after and it feels much better. I started doing some shoulder mobility exercises and I can now hold a Full Planche but only a little bit, maybe with 170cm I am too tall to be good at this sport because everything feels difficult and when I first started out I thought that I can do a Full Planche after 1 year maybe. I saw lot of gymnasts are under 1,7m so this is why I think I'm a bit tall for it.

Edited by Levente Horváth
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
Oussama KHELLADI
On 6/28/2017 at 2:29 PM, Levente Horváth said:

I am back, started to warm up before exercises and stretch after and it feels much better. I started doing some shoulder mobility exercises and I can now hold a Full Planche but only a little bit, maybe with 170cm I am too tall to be good at this sport because everything feels difficult and when I first started out I thought that I can do a Full Planche after 1 year maybe. I saw lot of gymnasts are under 1,7m so this is why I think I'm a bit tall for it.

good job, 170 cm is not too tall  i suggest you just stick with the mastery template of GB and i am sure you will get the results in no time 

if you can post a form check video it will be helpful for the forum coaches for diagnosis . 

• Like 1