Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cost?

Roy Chalmers

Roy Chalmers

Having spoken to a relatively recent convert to GB I am seriously considering giving it a go - it seems like it would do the middle-aged me the world of good.  The only thing stopping me is the price!  

I realise many member compare it to a gym membership - which is something else I consider too costly!  All my exercise is running/cycling/gymwork in hotel gyms (I travel a lot) - so the cost comparison is versus nothing (admittedly the bikes and cycling kit weren't free, but that was acquired before children!)

What I don't want to do is drop 500 dollars and find it isn't for me (since the UK pound crashed that has got a lot more too). The obvious solution is to try the Fundamentals course and then carry on.  The problem is that all the packages include this course so I would end up paying for it twice!

Is there a way to recoup the initial cost of the fundamentals course from the foundation/stretching package if I upgrade?

Pauline Taube

Hi Roy,

Thank you for reaching out. 

In my opinion you can not put a price on your health and well being. You will have lifetime access to our all our courses when purchased and you can look at it as an investment in your health. 

Gymnastic Strength Training™ can be done completely at home. In fact, many students choose to workout in their own home. Below is a list of equipment for each course.

Fundamentals: None 

Foundation To start Foundation One: Floor space, rings, light dumbbell 

Stretch: Yoga Block, Yoga Strap (optional) 
Resistance Band, Way to Elevate Feet (Bridge Only) 

Handstand: Wall, Dowel with Weight or Weighted Bar (5-10lbs) 

Tumbling: Wall and Floor Space 

The Fundamentals course is a great course to begin with. It's a four weeks gentle introductory course to GST. This way you can assess your body and discover weaknesses and imbalances before moving on to the other courses. 

You are not obligated to purchase multiple courses at the same time. If you buy a course which is part of a larger package, the price of the courses you already own will be deducted once you upgrade to a larger bundle. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions :) we are happy to help you getting started! 

• Upvote 1

Roy Chalmers
13 minutes ago, Pauline Taube said:

If you buy a course which is part of a larger package, the price of the courses you already own will be deducted once you upgrade to a larger bundle. 

Thanks for replying - that was what I wanted to hear!  I shall purchase Fundamentals and see where we go!

• Upvote 2

Tobias Karlsson

Roy I was thinking the same thing from the beginning. It seems like a lot of courses to go through so the cost in the beginning sounded step. However, now that I have have begun I realize that you will not go through all the courses in 1-2 years. This means that the cost will be spread out over a long period of time and the cost per month will be low. I have been doing Foundation one for soon two months and I will for sure keep doing it for quite some time until I am ready for F2. 

Also I find the Video review feature to be extremely valuable, and I have gotten many tips on how to improve how I perform the exercises. When you combine the fact that each course you buy will take you a long time to complete and that you get lots of support along the way the price is in my opinion very low. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
Susan Shea

Hi- Can someone tell me where I can find a list of materials and equipment that's needed for each program? I just bought a few programs and have had to stop every time to go buy something I don't own. :/ I'm surprised the info isn't provided - or if it is I haven't found it yet. Thanks for helping! Sue.

Pauline Taube

Hi Susan,

If you read further up in the thread, the equipment is listed above. Could you please let us know what programs that you are having difficulties with? There may be other good substitutes that you can use :) 

• Upvote 1

Christopher Chien

Yeah I just wanted to chime in and think that Gymnastic Bodies is a great value - especially the Foundations course. I'm kind of a beginner, and I get to go along at my own pace. I feel like this is an annual pass to an all-you-can-eat buffet! There is a lot of content, and I'm only 10% done. I feel like I'll be challenged for a good amount of time, and there are no recurring costs like a gym membership. 

Also yeah - it's amazing that the packages deduct the cost you already paid for the course. I don't think many places do that. That great for the students. 

• Upvote 5

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2017 at 8:13 PM, Pauline Taube said:

Gymnastic Strength Training™ can be done completely at home. In fact, many students choose to workout in their own home. Below is a list of equipment for each course.

Fundamentals: None 

Foundation To start Foundation One: Floor space, rings, light dumbbell 

Hi Pauline, I recently listened to the Tim Ferriss Show podcast with Coach Sommer and I really like the way he approach things. I work in the office and my body is tight everywhere especially in the hamstrings, neck and shoulder. I want to work on mobility and strength and am considering to give your program a go. The only issue is that I live in a small rented apartment and there is no way of putting gymnastic rings anywhere. Is there any point starting if I won't have access to them? I guess I'll be stuck after fundamentals as I cannot move on to do foundation 1.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Kwan Oh,

If you can find a park nearby then you can use your rings over there. I use my rings in a commercial gym here in the Philippines and it works. Also from what you are saying, you will benefit a lot from the Fundamentals Course. :)

• Like 1

Pauline Taube

Hi Kwan,

I second Leo's suggestion. I'm not sure of your location but most places you should be able to find a bar or even a tree branch to attach a pair of rings. You can get rings really cheap online and they last forever! Definitely a good investment :) 

Please let us know if you have any further questions! 

Suzanna McGee

@Kwan Oh, you could also purchase a very simple/cheap pull up bar that goes in the door frame. Hang the ring off that bar. I have it like that. Then you can close the doors and you don't even see them, or you just take the rings down after each use. A simple and practical solution. 

• Like 2

Great recommendation by Suzanna. I actually do the same thing, just make sure your pull up bar is super sturdy! ;)

• Upvote 1

Louis, are you asking if the pull up bar is expensive? If so they are actually resonibly priced, just do your research.