Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Plyometricks from the FBE

Hayden.M.

Is it possible, once somebody has got proficient at most of the FBE's, to start doing the FBE's but plyometrically? I dont mean this in such things as the static position, but for example most of the other (moving) FBE's. lets say for example, pullups or hanging leg raises?

I'm also looking to build more explosive kicks for my tricking, so any plyometric exercises for the hip flexors and glutes will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hayden

David Picó García

Sure, look at WOD and you'll find that plyometrics FBE are common (clapping pullups, Arch/Hollow Snaps, Hopping HeSPUs, Wallabys, Wheels, clapping pushups... and of course for the legs you have Senders and all the previous progressions that coach has posted and there are a lot of plyometric leg work on WOD).

And also notice that usually all this plyometric work is preceded by an exercise that increase the heart rate above 170 (usually sprints).

• 4 weeks later...
Animalonfire

And also notice that usually all this plyometric work is preceded by an exercise that increase the heart rate above 170 (usually sprints).

Would anyone mind explaining why that is please? Thanks

I was thinking about something similar few days ago. When I trained track&field, we used to do strenght training (squats, semisquats etc) followed by a serie of plyometrics. Can be this type of training applied to gymnastic strenght trainning and does it have any benefits?