Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Prolapse

Scott Zetterstrom

Scott Zetterstrom

This question is actually for my wife, but she is a little preoccupied with a newborn right now, and told me to ask this forum, since there is so much knowledge. She just gave birth to our third son about a month ago and everything was going great and her diastis recti was non existent after birth. However, last week she went to do a light workout and discovered she now has some degree of pelvic organ prolapse. She is going to see a PT in a week and will follow medical advice first of course, but from what we have seen most of the standard advice is, do kegels, since the knowledge on women's health issues is very sparse . From what I understand, and please correct me, but the pelvic floor muscles are actually the bottom part of a girdle that includes the rest of the abdominal muscles. Therefore the goal is to strengthen those without aggravating the pelvic floor muscles further. I am currently going through Foundation One, and while she wont be doing that right now, would fundamentals be helpful or even just some very short, but progressive static holds? Most of the literature just states not to do anything that increase lower abdominal pressure and she definitely feels it more if she has to pick up our older boys (40, and 30 lbs each). If anyone has any knowledge or advice we'd appreciate it, thanks!

Scott Z

Pauline Taube

Hi Scott!

Thank you for reaching out.

First of all I would strongly suggest for your wife to seek advice from a physio or other medical professional. After having things cleared out with them, Fundamentals would be a good way to start training. This way she will get to assess her body and discover weaknesses and imbalances before moving on to the other beginner courses such as Foundation One.

Feel free to reach out again any time if you have any other questions!