Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

only static positions

Katherine Labelle Nguyen

Katherine Labelle Nguyen

Hi, 

would it be balanced to do a plan with only 4 exercices: planche, handstand, front lever and flag? i am short in time and i want to focus my efforts on that...  I though that, by doing this, you use all your muscles cause its full contration exercises and you work all planes of the body (front, back, sides, shoulders)... ?   I would do this until a get a 120sec handstand, 5-10 sec flag, 5-10sec front lever and any hold straddle planche. After, i will maintain that a few time a week and switch my focus on HBP, OA Chin and press HS

edit: im doing a leg progression too on the side

Darin Phoenix

Hi,

It depends on what you mean by balanced. You only have straight arm strength in your training. Wouldn't you be better off alternating a day of Bent Arm Strength?

If you want to make the programming easy for yourself then Coach Sommers 40+ years of experience that have gone into the Foundation series ensures that your training is perfectly balanced. 

• Upvote 4

Coach Sommer
22 hours ago, Katherine Labelle Nguyen said:

would it be balanced to do a plan with only 4 exercices: planche, handstand, front lever and flag? i am short in time and i want to focus my efforts on that

Hi Katherine,

This would be a short term project at best.  In the long run, such a program fails to address a multiplicty of needs.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 4