Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about hip flexor

Étienne Lajeunesse

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi! 

To be quick, I found myself having a big APT in standing position due to very stiff hip flexors. I made some research to know a little bit more, and learned that it could cause chronic hamstrings stiffness - and a loss of glutes strength caused by inactivity - (until fixed)... I have tight hamstrings btw. My question is to what point fixing this APT to neutral, in stretching hip flexors, will help my hamstrings regain their flexibility?

Leo Trinidad

Hi Étienne,

Stretching the hip flexors will help but to what extent will vary from person to person. Stretching only passively will not do the job. The best thing is combine passive and active stretching and to work on your mobility. You need strength to regain your hamstrings' degree of flexibility. I would suggest that you consider looking into the GB Stretch Courses. If you ask me, the best way to go about this is to combine Foundation Courses and Stretch Courses. Mobility takes time and you need a lot of patience and be consistent on your training regimen. I hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

Étienne Lajeunesse
1 hour ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi Étienne,

Stretching the hip flexors will help but to what extent will vary from person to person. Stretching only passively will not do the job. The best thing is combine passive and active stretching and to work on your mobility. You need strength to regain your hamstrings' degree of flexibility. I would suggest that you consider looking into the GB Stretch Courses. If you ask me, the best way to go about this is to combine Foundation Courses and Stretch Courses. Mobility takes time and you need a lot of patience and be consistent on your training regimen. I hope this helps.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply!  I do the stretch courses and foundation regularly each week and saw good improvements during the last months. 

• Upvote 1

Everett Carroll

Hi Etienne,

Your hamstrings are tight simply because they are tight, and you should stretch them. Chronic PPT causes tight glutes and hamstrings, while chronic ATP results in tight rectus femoris and sartorius tension, which the stretch courses are already addressing. Front split will help with all of these areas so keep it up.

• Upvote 5