Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which stretching program?

Philip Windsor

Philip Windsor

Started the handstand program about 3 weeks ago and already seeing good improvements in my shoulder and wrist mobility and flexibility so wanting to address some of my other problem areas.

I tend to get tight quads and calfs a lot so wondering which program would help with them areas if any, I'm guessing the front split one night help with the quads and maybe the calfs too?

anyone got any advise? Cheers all!

Pauline Taube

Hi Philip,

Thank you for reaching out. Happy to hear that you are enjoying the Handstand course.

You are absolutely right, the Front Split course will target exactly these areas ;)

Let us know if you have further questions!

• Upvote 2

Benjamin Nutt
20 hours ago, Philip Windsor said:

Started the handstand program about 3 weeks ago and already seeing good improvements in my shoulder and wrist mobility and flexibility so wanting to address some of my other problem areas.

I tend to get tight quads and calfs a lot so wondering which program would help with them areas if any, I'm guessing the front split one night help with the quads and maybe the calfs too?

anyone got any advise? Cheers all!

Front Split will DEFINITELY help with tight calves and hamstrings. I've had tight, inflexible hammies all my adult life. I've been doing the program consistently for 5 months now...I'm still pretty stiff, but the difference from where I started is pretty insane.

The Bridge program is a great complement to Handstand work as well.

My opinion...get all three Stretch programs :) They're really great, and the mobility you develop with them is a super important basis for strength good movement.

• Upvote 1

Philip Windsor

Just brought the front split program earlier, thanks for all the input people, will let you know how I get on :)

• Upvote 2

Philip Windsor

Well, just done my first session, that was hardcore. Struggled with the last set of calf raises, but felt good on some of the stretches after. Really exposes your weak points doesn't it. I can see I'm going to enjoy progressing on this :D

• Upvote 1

Pauline Taube

Nice, Philip! We are looking forward to following your progress too :) 

• Upvote 1

Philip Windsor

Hi @Pauline Taube, On another subject I'm really enjoying the handstand program and all the stretches, none of which are causing me pain/discomfort and feel like im progressing quite nicely thought them, so i don't think they are causing me any problems. But if i do a pull up (over hand grip) i get a dull pain in what i think is the Brachioradialis muscle on my left forearm.  I've rested from pull ups for a few months because of this but I tried again today and it still giving me discomfort.  Im happy to give it more rest but, is there anything i can do to further help? I'm guessing the Forearm/Wrist prep might help a bit, are there any bits in other program that may help at all maybe in F1 or Thoracic Bridge program?  Thanks in advance Phil 

Pauline Taube

Hi Phil,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the programs. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain. I strongly recommend to get a diagnosis from a physio or other medical professional. They can figure what is causing the problem. 

After consulting with a medical professional you can consider to start F1 and TB series. These courses will also be a great addition to your Handstand course and help you build the strength and mobility you need in order to advance faster :) 

• Upvote 1