Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anatomy Course Recommendation

Antonio Alías Montoya

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi everyone,

I love GST and I love anatomy related to movement. I m a Physical Education teacher but what I learnt at University was very basic. Actually I ve learnt more on my own. I love to understand why and how of the movement. When I strecth, to know where is this or that muscle attached and how s working. In general, I like the science behind it and I was considering from some time ago to learn more so I considered abou doing an online course. I m working and have no time to go to classes and also I m not going to come back to University for 4 years just to learn anatomy for amateur purpose. I just want to know for myself, I know the best is to be trained by a coach like coach sommer or some affiliates. But like this doesn t seem a possibility, do you coaches know some good online anatomy course? A one you consider valuable for an amateur? I don t want just to google it and go for the first I find...

If online courses weren t a good option, how can I learn anatomy on my own!!??

Many thanks!

• Upvote 1

Suzanna McGee

You could look at coursera.org. They offer (free) university courses from all over the world. Maybe you find something that could help you? 

• Upvote 1

Antonio Alías Montoya

Thanks Suzanna and Bill! I ll definetely take a look to both your recommendations. I forgot to mention the course could be either in english or spanish, although I know not many people can recommend me courses in spanish in this forum!

• Upvote 1

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi,

I've got a book idea but it's more for a question here.  What do you guys think about Overcoming Gravity, especially the second version?

@Antonio Alías Montoya, for anatomy/movements books, here's a link of some good ones, particularly those on mobility and strength.  I didn't read all of them, but many come back everytime I'm looking for new ressources.

http://daily.barbellshrugged.com/10-training-books-crossfit-athletes-and-coaches-should-read-episode-81-2/

• Upvote 2